Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre piste recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so far I’ve done the following:

Sagnes. sentier, possins, Crete,Bois, Lac, Suffins and blue pharo. These are about my limit. The steep, narrow bit of Pharo (below chalvet top station) freaked me out , especially as it was slushy, so I would have to substitute that with suffin) and col.

Are there any runs that you would recommend that I’ve missed out?

To say I’m a nervous intermediate would be an understatement!! Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ok take Tremplin or Prarial lift and start on the green bois then turn left onto Vallon and ski down to Tremplin lift. The lower section of Vallon is very gentle.

I would really recommend trying to find a private instructor asap so that they can see what is slowing you down and give some tips. Maybe part of it is that half term is busy and you would enjoy Easter skiing on quieter slopes more.

The bit of the Pharoah you mention is not the easiest as it tends to be man made snow which is either icy or slushy depending on the time of day. Try the Suffin instead. If the weather is mild you are best off skiing on the south side (chalvet) from about 10:30 to lunchtime. In the afternoon stick to the higher runs on the north side.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fab thanks snowymum. That makes sense on pharaoh and explains what my husband and daughter noticed whilst helping an Italian chap back onto his feet there . They said the snow had “little bobbles” and was “wierd”. Mystery solved I would imagine.

I’ve just done Bois, then the bit of blue and then Lac (which I hate). I don’t know why but I had thought vallon would be tricky so have avoided. Will give it a go. Ref slowness, it’s my attitude most of the time - I get to the top of the chairlift convinced I’m going to injure myself so “protect” myself with many, many turns (which my husband describes as “excellent” - they should be by now though lol) Reading this back I feel ridiculous!! I’m definately going to do lessons next time but a bit late for here. I have had a nice time tootling around on my own this morning and am now drinking hot chocolate in the sun. Much better!!

Would you suggest upper pharaoh this afternoon then?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bambionskiis, I would have a glass of vin chaud and spend the afternoon on the north side (Gondrons). Find a run that is relatively quiet and you enjoy (eg the one you mentioned of L'observatoire) and repeat a few times. The best thing would be to stay up there all afternoon and come back relatively late when the lac back is less busy.
Tomorrow I would suggest starting on the lower Vallon and repeating it a few times, then going up to do Pharoah and Reservoir. Then go to the north side and take lift to the Roche D'aigle and do soureou followed by Vallon, then back to Gondrons. The Soureou has a short steep section at the top and is then really easy...you can go straight down some of it without needing to turn and then a few turns at the bottom before it joins Vallon. The snow tends to be good up there as it is one of the highest runs so don't be put off by the fact it is red.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seconded recommendation for Vallon, it's one of my favourite pistes - just watch out where the red joins on the left.

From the top of Chalmettes or Brouset go round towards the black, then right towards the rocher d'aigle lift. Go past this lift and then traverse straight across the black piste (watch out for skiers). This brings you out onto the top of Vallon/Chenaillet without doing the steeper narrow bit at the top by the lift.

I also really enjoyed Pre Chare this year from the Observatoire lift. Again very wide blue, with some short steeper sections, but stepped, so goes flatter again. The bottom section, after you cross the line of the drag lift is lovely - wide, quiet, gentle.

If you don't mind the 1 mile drag lift, then the blues off Alpet are also worth a look.

Finally, the Durance green by the drag is a bit more interesting than an average green - lots of lumps and bumps in the terrain at the top, so you get a nice choice of lines.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All noted and traced on map - cheers for the recommendations. Will get cracking on that tomorrow. Must admit we abandoned this afternoon and went to Durancia for a relax - really enjoyed it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wanted to thank you both for the recommendation of vallon. I woke up this morning fed up with ski and being scared all the time but this was a great settler for me. Ok I only joined it from Bois but I was relaxed and skied it well. We then went over to gondrans and observatoire and had a play about. For the first time Lac was empty and I actually enjoyed it. So I’ve gone out on a high note
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bambionskiis, Really glad to hear the last day went well. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy