Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIFTY - Cody

Poster: A snowHead
@DB, great watch
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been watching Cody's project 50 from the start, best thing on YouTube at the moment. Love it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Final episode of Year 4 just gone live.

http://youtube.com/v/7EpZGRpBaLY
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I replied to a tweet by Cody earlier this evening and the man himself just "liked" it! Shocked

https://twitter.com/codytownsend/status/1671929212704546817?t=YX4yGwWfYxU1NY3SuuxNbw&s=19
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would love to go for a beer with Cody
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I’d rather go skiing with him snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Arno, could do both surely wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
I’d rather go skiing with him snowHead

I'd rather ski with him and then have a beer afterwards Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wish I was capable of skiing with him. snowHead

Think I might be able to keep up having a beer. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone enjoying The Fifty please fill in Cody's survey. He doesn't say explicitly but I suspect this is to help provide evidence for getting sponsors on board to help him finish The Fifty and plan his next project:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W5XNPR5
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JohnMo, I have completed the survey. I suspect that the fact that I am completely immune to the whole sponsors/marketing guff will not have helped the trucker capped one. I did though tick that I might be in the market for a “The Fifty” logo/fanboy mug. That might be nice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was staying at an AirBnB last weekend that had a copy of "The Fifty" as a coffee table book. So I idly looked through (having been a fan of Cody from the start but not knowing the complete list) and, my goodness, some of the unticked ones are pretty serious objectives which will require complete goldilocks conditions to achieve (e.g The North Face of Mount Robson!!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sweaman22, If they were easy everyone would be doing them Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.powder.com/trending-news/townsend-two-films-the-fifty

Powder reached out to Townsend to get to the bottom of this somewhat vague Instagram post. He graciously shared exclusive details that have not been released elsewhere. (Thanks, Cody!)

Townsend confirmed that there will be four total "episodes" for this season of The Fifty. Two episodes will fit the regular 20-30 minute format, and two will be feature length films with run times around 55 minutes.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski wrote:
https://www.powder.com/trending-news/townsend-two-films-the-fifty

Powder reached out to Townsend to get to the bottom of this somewhat vague Instagram post. He graciously shared exclusive details that have not been released elsewhere. (Thanks, Cody!)

Townsend confirmed that there will be four total "episodes" for this season of The Fifty. Two episodes will fit the regular 20-30 minute format, and two will be feature length films with run times around 55 minutes.

Nice.
ski holidays
He certainly did Baffin in the spring and I think he was planning another go at Mt St Elias so 2 pretty huge objectives right there. What's left? I think there's a line on Denali which hadn't been skied until Andreas Fransson did it a few years back. Not sure if it's been repeated?

In any case, lots of material and some hugely impressive lines left to do. Can't wait!
ski holidays
Looks like he might be humming his "sketchy poo-poo" ditty a few times this season.

http://youtube.com/v/OIeiIFwdgxo?si=aiRcNBDkY4ShAsLQ

..and for those who haven't seen it

https://x.com/codytownsend/status/1671929212704546817?t=xa8CxVp2ha7o9hHJhuX09Q&s=09
snow conditions
@adithorp, love it
latest report
What we've been waiting for...

http://youtube.com/v/RnLEn8G70fE?si=bTaS1uWhMTVzqKao
snow conditions
What a cracker!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
One of the best
snow conditions
Best one yet IMO
ski holidays
adithorp wrote:
Best one yet IMO

Yep
latest report
Yep that was a real rollercoaster - absolutely fantastic. I love that it's not glamourised at all, it's warts and all. Sometimes they have to bail out, sometimes they're scared. There's a real honesty to them.
snow report
Huge admiration for Bjarne (with some help from Ming) - hard enough to do, never mind try and get it all on film. The odd joke felt a little forced/scripted to me, unusual for The Fifty. But this is season five... and it's still the best ski content out there.
ski holidays
Another excellent adventure - they certainly know how to have fun.

I'd agree this is one of the best Arno, Madeye-Smiley
latest report
My expectations were very high after hearing a lot of glowing reviews. Unfortunately this latest video didn't live up to them. I did enjoy it, and it was nice seeing the effort and difficulty just to get these kind of lines in suitable conditions. But the 35+ mins of going back and forth could have been condensed considerably and I wouldn't have felt like I'd missed out on much.

That all said it's still the best ski series going, and the episode was no means bad. In fact my slight disappointment is arguably that they've set the ball so high even the "good" episodes are below par for them
snow report
Big question though - anyone tried tincup whisky??
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think showing the multiple attempts at least emphasized that these last few are not going to be simply turn up and get it unlike a lot of the earlier ones. Some of the more dramatic music seemed over done but, as said above, props to Bjarne for actively filming in some very challenging conditions and also recording the discussions around continuing vs turning around. I'm never going to end up in the same situations as them but scale everything down and I could really relate to the conflicting demands.

Knowing how skilled Cody is I can't image how intimidating some of that would be in real life as watching him make carefully considered jump turns with an ice axe strapped to his ski pole was Shocked Shocked
snow report
A superb episode that shows what it's really like and you got a sense of the delayed gratification when they finally skied it. @Arno, felt so much like a much bigger version of the what we've experienced more than once in Lofoten eh!
ski holidays
@boarder2020, I think the lengthy build up was quite good, and gives insight into the background of the line and what finishing it meant, if they knock the first few attempts off in 5 minutes then I think you lose a lot.

Like you say though, the other episodes have set a very high bar for quality ski content.
ski holidays
[quote="sweaman22"] Some of the more dramatic music seemed over done.
Agreed - it was a bit 'doooooooom-is-coming' at times!
ski holidays
Sharkymark wrote:
A superb episode that shows what it's really like and you got a sense of the delayed gratification when they finally skied it. @Arno, felt so much like a much bigger version of the what we've experienced more than once in Lofoten eh!

like the amount of times I almost jumped in the sea after the sauna before I finally sacked up and did it Laughing
snow report
What an awesome line and even more impressive decision-making, respect guys
snow conditions
I thought this was a great episode. For some time I have thought that the 15-20 minute episodes were not doing justice to what Cody and Bjarne were doing. Like others I could have done without the overly dramatic music. I think the drama speaks for itself.

This is not just great skiing viewing, it is a great series generally. I am so nervous about whether they will make the fifty. It must be getting really difficult now.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/1tTy08iw6Zs?si=wtKUy88JyBShgs3r

Is an interesting extra
ski holidays
I really enjoyed this episode too, with all the turning back. As someone new in to touring, it's great to get an idea of what's going through the minds of these hugely experienced off piste skiers, and what they're considering on these adventures.
snow report
Next one is up. Much lower key. But I think that is what is so enjoyable about this series: you never feel as though you are being spun at.

http://youtube.com/v/PlE7OAvjYR8?si=mwyFlJ6AvQiC_Zvv
snow report
2weeks until the next one but in the meantime...

https://youtube.com/shorts/qRO6GvbPL1Q?si=l0yaCU945uZFJ1bT
latest report
Absolutely loving The Fifty... driving Mrs Vipa a bit nuts with it though, Cody is all that seems to be on the tellybox at the mo! Cool Gotta get me some touring in! maybe not the couloir skiing! Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy