Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIFTY - Cody

Poster: A snowHead
@JohnMo, thanks, where did you see that they are due next week? I tried his website but found it pretty hard to use tbh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
@JohnMo, thanks, where did you see that they are due next week? I tried his website but found it pretty hard to use tbh

Here it is on his Facebook page for example.

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JohnMo wrote:
kitenski wrote:
Does anyone know if Cody is going to do more summits this year, or any more films to come from last winter at all?

Last one I watched was released Dec 2021 36/50

The ones from last season are due out next week. I think he only had one left to do in the lower 48 states. So the remaining ones will be almost all Canada and Alaska.

I don’t know if he might delay them in order to do a tribute to his friend Hilaree Nelson who just died in an accident in the Himalayas (there is a separate thread on this).

Season4 incoming and dedicated to Hilaree...

http://youtube.com/v/nAUxl1RNni8

Quote:
The FIFTY is back! After a winter of adventures across North America, the fourth year of episodes is coming soon. Starting October 5th, 2022, the steeps, suffering, laughs and adventures that define The FIFTY will be showing every two weeks from now until...well you'll just have to follow along and watch every episode on Wednesday mornings every other week to find out. Don't forget to subscribe, hit the notifications bell and watch to see how many lines Cody Townsend and co. ticked off in the winter of 2022.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Funnily enough my kindle was flat last night so I started catching up on a few of these on the iPad.

The StokeTM is on!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@extremerob, that's a lovely teaser trailer!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've hugely enjoyed this (over three winters), but would like to see a ticker on just how many are now left. Does it say anywhere? Can't see on The Fifty Project.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wiigman, It says in the title of each one which line it is out of 50. I think he's up to about 36 or 37 now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's the confusing bit. There have been the short films too... So the numbers don't correspond. This time last year he had actually done 36. With six to show that winter (so 27 episodes aired, and three via short films). Head is hurting!
Tom Doc wrote:
@wiigman, It says in the title of each one which line it is out of 50. I think he's up to about 36 or 37 now.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wiigman wrote:
That's the confusing bit. There have been the short films too... So the numbers don't correspond. This time last year he had actually done 36. With six to show that winter (so 27 episodes aired, and three via short films). Head is hurting!
Tom Doc wrote:

The ones that cover one of the lines give the number. Last one of The Patriarch was 36/50.
The bonus episodes aren't numbered.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
37/50

http://youtube.com/v/uq4zYgzDivw
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some of the lines don't count as he had to turn back. That could be why the numbering is off.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Highlights please? I've watched 3 or 4 of these, as chosen for me seemingly in random order by YouTube. Whilst they are quite entertaining, the format is becoming repetitive. Cody explains how he is in need of a challenge, along with his best buddy (insert xtreme US sports star name here). Points to snowy peak on far horizon, picks the most difficult way up, spends days or weeks slogging towards it. Suffers exhaustion, sunstroke, dehydration, vows to give up. Sleeps badly for 4 hours, carries on. Makes it to the top. Nice view. 2 minute vid of a bit of icy skiing. Am I missing something? He's a nice guy and its mildly diverting, but there must be more to it?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try The Mountain Why (with Cody and Michelle Parker) a bit different to the rest of the series, and rather good.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pmk, if you've watched 4 and not enjoyed it then I think that's probably not something for you! It's backcountry accessed on foot, it ain't going to change to make it more entertaining Wink

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 19-10-22 14:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pmk, you’ve just described backcountry skiing. There’s no rule that everyone has to like it. Personally, I enjoy it because it reflects my own experiences of that sort of thing (mostly much less challenging than what Cody is up to).
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
@pmk, you’ve just described backcountry skiing. There’s no rule that everyone has to like it. Personally, I enjoy it because it reflects my own experiences of that sort of thing (mostly much less challenging than what Cody is up to).

+1

A mate of mine and I had just got back from a bit of messing about in the mountains around this sort of time last year when he posted one of his vids involving getting lost and bushwacking for hours while gradually having a sense of humour failure. We both thought it was hilarious but that was a lot to do with our own mis-adventures.

That said, some of his trips on the 50 are genuinely inspiring in the sense of "I'd love to do that and I might be able to"
ski holidays
pmk wrote:
Highlights please? I've watched 3 or 4 of these, as chosen for me seemingly in random order by YouTube. Whilst they are quite entertaining, the format is becoming repetitive. Cody explains how he is in need of a challenge, along with his best buddy (insert xtreme US sports star name here). Points to snowy peak on far horizon, picks the most difficult way up, spends days or weeks slogging towards it. Suffers exhaustion, sunstroke, dehydration, vows to give up. Sleeps badly for 4 hours, carries on. Makes it to the top. Nice view. 2 minute vid of a bit of icy skiing. Am I missing something? He's a nice guy and its mildly diverting, but there must be more to it?

Welcome to Snowheads.

No, there is nothing more to it.

It's repetitive because there are 50 lines to ski (it's from a book somebody else wrote) and quite logically it's largely the same process each time.
snow report
The real 37/50...

http://youtube.com/v/RfHBeBgBqOM
ski holidays
@extremerob, some lovely snow in this one!
ski holidays
New Episode of @the.fifty.project is live! A return to the Sphinx...in a little bit different of conditions than last time...Link to episode in the bio as is tradition. ⁠

Lot of people to thank for this episode, but I gotta say, the crew at @pointsnorthheli were critical to going for this line. Hundreds of texts, phone calls, weather checks, snow checks and communication with the guides and operators at PNH was pretty much the only reason we could pull the trigger on such a strike mission. From when I first announced, the way the little ski community has been so supportive and directly helpful has continued to prove my thesis that skiers, snowboarders and people that define themselves in the mountains are the coolest people around. Thanks to all the crew from PNH for making this really f'in cool line possible.
ski holidays
And the link for anyone that doesn't know where to find it

http://youtube.com/v/a_LOvY4TnjY
snow report
WHAT A LINE
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/uYypziiOsrs

latest video now up
ski holidays
@swskier, cheers, that’s tomorrow lunch times viewing
ski holidays
Good grief, the exit from the second line looked worse than doing the line itself Laughing
ski holidays
Not a Fifty if there's no bush whacking?
ski holidays
@swskier, true. It was the 2 foot of snow to slide across with a 10/20/50 foot drop onto rocks that has me wincing!
latest report
I love ski touring. When watching Cody et all doing these lines I like to pretend to myself it it is just an extreme version of stuff I do. Sometimes it is really hard to keep up that pretence.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sort of made up for it with back to car bush-whack/fall-into-river worries!
swskier wrote:
Not a Fifty if there's no bush whacking?
snow conditions
If you're an avid view of @the.fifty.project, you probably have noticed a lot less suffering and far more powder skiing. Pretty much the opposite of what people have come to expect with this series. Well if that bums you out, you're in luck. The suffering is back! Wednesday, a new episode of The FIFTY launches, Part 1 of the super iconic Bugs to Rogers Traverse with @tobinseagel joining and @bjarnesalen behind the lens. It's time to load up super heavy packs, sleep in the snow and walk 80+ miles from the Selkirks to the infamous Bugaboos.
ski holidays
@kitenski, nice. That’s tomorrows lunchtime viewing sorted.
snow report
Curses to the transatlantic time difference. It still hasn't dropped yet, so I'm guessing it will be mid afternoon viewing, and not lunchtime!
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/84W50M2wFTs
snow conditions
It has just dropped. Will be watching this evening.

http://youtube.com/v/84W50M2wFTs
snow conditions
Bugs to Rogers pt 2 has just dropped.

http://youtube.com/v/DIhP9fz2uTo
latest report
thanks!..bloody love this..
snow report
Part 3 done and traverse now completed. Who would have thought watching a traverse could be so entertaining.

http://youtube.com/v/xz1lW5zXljw
ski holidays
and a bonus Smile

I'm frequently looking at my phone in the backcountry. Which honestly feels like the only healthy place to check your phone because there is often no service and you're utilizing it for the act of skiing. ⁠

The reason? Well that gets answered in a Bonus Episode for @the.fifty.project that is live right now. This Bonus Ep. goes into how we planned the traverse, the crucial mapping that went into it alongside some questions from the previous episodes being answered and some can't miss, crucial beta from the Bugs To Rogers itself. So if you ever want to step up to a traverse yourself or embark on the Bugs to Rogers one day, this video is for you. ⁠

http://youtube.com/v/3sBTOuWIOkE
ski holidays
@Layne, Nikolai and his friends are extraordinary Been watching a lot of his uploads
snow conditions
Just in case this hasn’t already been posted somewhere on Snowheads

http://youtube.com/v/Bfvrqma037I
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy