Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIFTY - Cody

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Arno wrote:
@jedster, to some extent on the way up (I’d think alpinists would often head for ridge lines rather than open snow slopes because the climbing is more interesting and there’s less objective danger). alpinists would at least rope up for the descents so id see that as less risky?

Ridges are often slow going - pinnacles, abseils etc - so a lot of routes - at least partly - follow gulleys and faces. If you are moving slowly due to technical difficulty and exposed to rockfall, seracs, avalanches you have quite a lot of objective risk. Descents are also slower and by then warming increases danger of all those objective risks. Moving together on technical ground for speed is probably more likely to result in a fatal fall than a skier of Cody's ability on the terrain he is skiing.

Just my thinking, I'm not an expert. Just know that even at m very low level of alpine climbing I got myself into some hairy situations. High level alpinism looks pretty dangerous to me!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
@wiigman, you got links to the interviews? Hell of a humble brag, nice one Smile

All for Fall-Line over the last five or six years... We need to fish them out and put them all online. One day soon Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jedster, all good points. I think that aplinism on average is much more dangerous than backcountry skiing. Combining alpinism with steep skiing? Not sure!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like a new episode dropping tomorrow night and I suspect Cody saying why he can't complete the Fifty. But that second part is very much a guess only!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dashed wrote:
Looks like a new episode dropping tomorrow night and I suspect Cody saying why he can't complete the Fifty. But that second part is very much a guess only!

Full respect if he actually steps back and says the project was about the journey rather than a destination / goal-based endevour.

Which after all was one the main themes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sad to see it end, one of the better YouTube series. If he doesn't want to do the last 4 it's completely understandable, from what I understand they are very difficult and dangerous. In fact I'd commend him for walking away and not chasing them. But I'd rather him just say that than the kind of vague message we got.

I'm sure most of us would just be happy for more Cody and bjarne backcountry ski videos. Regardless of if they happen to be lines in some book based on one guys subjective choices. But it seems like that's not on the cards (at least not with any regularity). Kind of strange as seems like a winning combo and you would think financially it's working out. But maybe they want to move onto different things.

But I'm massively nitpicking. It's been an amazing watch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boarder2020, yes, I think the remaining lines have only been skied a few times ever, so trying to complete them in a particular timeframe doesn’t seem realistic or wise. Would be great if he managed to tick them off over the coming years but it’s been a really enjoyable project to follow regardless
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess he's just removed the pressure on himself to finish the last 4, and he'll probably do them sometime if/when in condition?, but maybe not film/feel compelled to film/document it?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy