Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, after a bit of advice. I’m going to Les Arcs on the 12th March with a group, we’ve got a private transfer booked but I’ve had to change my travel plans due to work and if all goes to plan I’ll get the transfer we have booked.

However, if I’m delayed I don’t want to hold everyone else up and will need to get to LA1800 by my self - what’s the best way to do this? Bus, Train, Taxi, Other?

Any suggestions / advice welcome Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What about Ben's Bus: https://www.bensbus.co.uk/ski-transfer/geneva-airport-les-arcs-transfers/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don’t think it runs on a Thursday! There is altibus too as an option. Trains don’t look feasible....

Wondered if there was anything else?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, didn't realise it was a Thursday.

Altibus is certainly an option, but there has been a few unhappy Snowheads, giving feedback on here.....mostly to do with buses that are poorly marked and poor customer service when things go wrong.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Post on the '1st lift Tarantaise transfers' Facebook page and you should get a seat in a shared transfer
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On the other hand all those that use Altibus and are happy never put anything on here. I used it today and it was perfect. They run something like 50 buses a week and in the vast majority of cases it goes just fine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:
On the other hand all those that use Altibus and are happy never put anything on here. I used it today and it was perfect. They run something like 50 buses a week and in the vast majority of cases it goes just fine.

Good to know. “The silent majority”
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@j4meseaton, What's wrong with the train. I used it in January
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
@j4meseaton, What's wrong with the train. I used it in January

Nothing, looked to take a while with a few changes? Is it a fairly straight forward journey?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It takes some time, but the changes are all very straightforward. The trains to Geneva Contrin from the airport run every 15 minutes or so. If you have a long wait there then there are good places to sit and have a coffee. There is an unmanned border post as you go onto the platform for the train to Chambery. At Chambery the train arrives at the same platform that the one to Bourg departs from. Once again if you have a longish wait there is a nice bar/restaurant across the street from the station. The train cost 34 euros, much cheeper than the bus. However, if you miss the last funicular then you need a taxi up to les Arcs. It cost us 50 euros.

It was still cheeper than the bus. The bus was not actually an option since our flight arrived after the last bus from Geneva to Bourg had departed. It was actually quite a relaxing way to travel.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You could try Snow Drone who run regular shared transfers between Geneva and Val d'Isere / Tignes but would be able to drop you off in BSM so you could get the funi up.

https://snow-drone.com/shared-transfers/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all and especially @johnE - I’ve taken more time to review the train and that looks the best option given I hope to make my planned transfer and won’t know if I’ve missed it until i get to Geneva!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@j4meseaton, The good thing aboput the train is you can actually buy tickets at the station. They do not need to be prebooked so if you make your transfer then you haven't wasted any money prebooking a bus seat.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy