Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go next year with a group?

Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas on where to go next Easter with a group of about 40, mixed adults and kids, mostly reasonable skiers, just a few who are coming to grips with red runs. We need somewhere affordable, outside of France, accomodation with family rooms, and a resort that's snowsure at Easter with variable terrain. Other plus points would be a good swimming pool with slides, accomodation that involves less than 10 minutes hard walk up hill to get back at night ( and a local hospital for my kids I suppose Embarassed ).
latest report
 brian
brian
Jane L, Zermatt ?

You'd have to be careful whereabouts you stay to avoid too much walking and not sure there's any slides of the non-snow variety but it's a brilliant place to go.

Tourist office website is pretty good:

http://www.zermatt.ch/e/accommodation/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Schladming? decent pool, with slides, rapids thing and an outdoor bit - good fast intermediate terrain with easy access, lots of nice b&b and hotels(bookable online) - only thing I'm not sure about is snow reliability late season. They have impressive snowmaking but that won't help them if it's hot!

lots of small resorts nearby for those who might want to travel around - all on the lift pass and mostly bussable or a cheap cab. 1 hour from salzburg which has some very cheap flights.

aj xx
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easter not that early next year:

Good Friday is 06 April
(Western) Easter Sunday is 08 April

So snow sureness potentially as issue...why no France?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erm cervinia? ticks most of the boxes as it's not france etc. I've just been there for Easter and had a fab 4 days, lots of sunshine and still skiing right down to the village (1800m). We had a small fall (4-5 inches) on saturday, so Sunday was just champagne conditions. I think it'd easily be more affordable than Zermatt, especially for this number and you can ski Zermatt as well if you want too.

Pistes, lots of wide easy blues and reds. If you don't mind the height and have a Zermatt pass as well then go up to the Plateua Rossa, and there's some very easy wide crusy blues on the Zermatt side. You can even take lifts all the way back down again once you've taken the t-bar back up to Rossa. If you stay on the cervinia side the area above plan maison and plan tourette have loads of easy blues. You can even blue run all the way back to the bottom. For the more challenging the off-piste in this area is great and easy, or if you're more into piste bashing then getting all the way across to Rothorn paradise and back in the day is a decent distance. We covered 260km in 4 days including lifts, so just need to interrogate the GPS to figure out the downhill distance.

Not sue on the other requirements (pools etc) , lots of accomodation at the bottom of the slopes either near the pedestrian area or more round to the main bubble, not far from the apres ski/ restaurants whereever you stay.

Cheers
g
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zell am See.

You have got the glacier at Kaprun if snow is in short supply (although their snowmaking is excellent), there are pools at Zell and Kaprun, and it's not too expensive.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would have thought your best bet for a pool is in france with one of the MGM developments. I suspect these will be at the upper price end of self-accomodation, but given that there are 40 you might be able to do a deal.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dont look at Chalet Oliver in La Rosiere as we booked it for 44 yesterday Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gstaad has an indoor swimming pool. I don't know how snow sure the whole domain is but it does have a glacier.

http://www.gstaad.ch/en/winter/mr-index.htm

The tourist office would be able to find accommodation for 40.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saas Fee; Total ski have a 40-60 person hotel there with a pool.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks. Zermatt is right out of budget, we're looking at about £1500 for a family of 4, including all travel, half board and lift passes. France is out as not all our instructors have French recognised qualifications.

Livigno seems a good idea, I will follow this up, also look at the Total ski in Saas Fee.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

£1500 for a family of 4, including all travel, half board and lift passes.

At Easter Shocked . Good luck.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Bulgaria.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did Davos this year and Mayrhofen for the previous 2 within this budget, Easter all times, there are the holidays out there, it's just tracking them down that takes the time. I suspect we will do Davos again, it was just a very long walk uphill to the accomodation, otherwise everything (except lunch prices on the mountain) was superb.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have a look at Flims-Laax. Not sure about swimming pool, but there's loads of apartments etc. available.
ski holidays
Good luck Jane - it can be done - just takes hours on end of research.

I'm doing the same for our group of 22 (which may expand) at the moment for Feb 07. When we skied Easter the year before last we went to the Dolomites. They have a deal with many hotels as part of a promotion called "Superski" I think. Hotels offer really cheap deals for families and there are good deals on passes too. Free for children under a certain age and good discounts on older ones when the adults buys a pass too. Fantastic lift system. Snow can be bit iffy though lower down. We were in Canazei but I really liked the look of Arraba and perhaps Selva if I went back again.

Here's a link:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/default.asp?L=3

I'd love to go to the Dolomites in Feb but it'sa bit far from Milan where we have booked our flights. You can get very cheap flights to Verona or Venice normally.

Good luck!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy