Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

States or Canada in mid/ late March

Poster: A snowHead
Due to a family bereavement I had to cancel my annual ski trip which this year was going to be In Leogang
I however,have the opportunity to go to the USA or Canada around the middle of March.
I’m not quite sure where will be decent at that time .I have been to Park city at that time before and it can be mixed conditions and I have been to mammoth before in April which was decent.I quite fancy Canada as never skied there before,but to be honest I don’t really have a clue where to go so any suggestions and info would be appreciated.Also I don’t really want to go somewhere where the lift pass is $200 a day.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I think weather forecasting is quite a valuable thing, if you can do it. I've no idea at all what the weather will be like outside my window in mid March. My advice in general would be based on the idea that the further North you go the colder it gets, kind of. I shall likely be in the Yukon, although further south if the weather there's good...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Further north and further inland (I'm thinking of the Banff/Whistler discussions).

I've only been to the Banff area, mid-March is great, though Lake Louise could get sticky in the afternoons by the end of March.

How long are you going for (4 days, 2 weeks...), how much transfer can you handle, what terrain/skiing do you want?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well california has been having a sucky season while Utah, Colorado and Wyoming have been doing well AIUI.

Lift passes will be your primary determinant - you may be late enough to get on some buy a season pass for next year and get the rest of this season free deals because the big value passes - Epic/Ikon and Mountain Collective are definitely no longer on sale
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

you may be late enough to get on some buy a season pass for next year and get the rest of this season free deals because the big value passes - Epic/Ikon and Mountain Collective are definitely no longer on sale

Ikon pass for 2021 may start to be available in early March. It can be used immediately (from last year's experience).

Also, if you pay $100+ for a day ticket in any of the Vail resorts, you can turn that ticket in and put the amount towards next year's Epic pass. (but unlike Ikon, you can't use the pass this year)

That is, if you had any plan to buy either Ikon or Epic pass for next season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jackson Hole seems to be a snow magnet this season. Colorado resorts - Steamboat has done very well too. If you don't want to pay $200/day for lift passes, look at the resorts websites for stay and ski package deals. Might save you 20%-30% off lift passes.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last year I bought two epic passes and went to park city . It saved a lot of money . It’s not that I can’t pay $200 a day But I would prefer not too as I’m too miserable .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m in Salt Lake City sipping a $4 pint at the moment. I skied at Alta today and will be at Snowbird tomorrow. They are loaded and the snow is sublime. They’ve had about 11 metres of snow so far this season.
If you want guaranteed quality conditions and world class terrain look no further.
*I do agree Banff at that time is usually a great bet too though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Toadman wrote:
Jackson Hole seems to be a snow magnet this season. Colorado resorts - Steamboat has done very well too. If you don't want to pay $200/day for lift passes, look at the resorts websites for stay and ski package deals. Might save you 20%-30% off lift passes.

Jackson is largely south facing and the sun can be a problem in February, particularly on the lower slopes. What's it like in late March?

A great resort if the conditions are right, though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones wrote:
Toadman wrote:

Jackson is largely south facing and the sun can be a problem in February, particularly on the lower slopes. What's it like in late March?

Late March, things will certainly start to soften up during the day. But JH has received over 10 meters of snow so far this year, and conditions have been very good all of January and February. No reason to think it won't continue into March.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Toadman wrote:

Jonny Jones wrote:
Toadman wrote:

Late March, things will certainly start to soften up during the day. But JH has received over 10 meters of snow so far this year, and conditions have been very good all of January and February. No reason to think it won't continue into March.

The problem with Jackson in late season is thaw-freeze cycles.

The Hogback is low in elevation, the first to thaw. The snow will still be there, but quite likely to be rock hard in the morning, potentially slush late in the afternoon under the full blast of the sun.

The upper part of the mountain will of course be in a better state relatively speaking. But it's nonetheless a risk factor. Something to keep in mind.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I echo the Banff option - you get Sunshine and Lake Louise close by. It's further North and some decent altitude (Sunshine resort base is about 2000m), so Spring comes late. Recommend getting a car as the resorts are a decent drive from the town and there is not much accommodation on the hills - You can get buses though.

Also - If you get a good late dump, you can get up early and drive 2hours to Kicking Horse which is an Epic ski hill!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I had another day at Snowbird yesterday. It reinforced my view that Alta/Snowbird is the gold standard for lift served skiing (if skiing off piste is of interest) on the planet. The snow quality has to be experienced. Words can’t do it justice.
With the base they have March would be guaranteed first class.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Alta/Snowbird. Crowds start to thin out in late March but the snowpack usually reaches a max in April. Solitude is another option if you want to save some money.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

With the base they have March would be guaranteed first class

Simply impossible to guarantee. Weather is such a fickle thing.

I agree that Banff is usually a good option in march. Plus there's good deals to be had on lift tickets, for example lake Louise are selling spring passes (valid for unlimited skiing from 1st march to end of the season) for £290, or if you just want to ski midweek £200.
ski holidays
Jackson Hole.
snow report
I have had good skiing in a number of resorts in BC Canada at that time one year as for avoiding $200 lift tickets, well pick anything other than whistler. It really depends on what skiing you are after, Big White and Sun Peaks can offer some good skiing although not that much steep, Silverstar has more steep. I personally haven't skied them but friends who have rave about Fernie and Red Mountain.
ski holidays
Angus og ...... conditions in Marmot should be good, with little freeze thaw.

Nice little varied hill, reasonably easy on the pocket but a trek up the access road each day ...... and at least five hours from Calgary.

I'll be in Fernie then ..... so I guess that would be my actual choice .......
ski holidays
We were in Big White over Christmas and it snowed almost every day, keeping track of it they have had a fair bit since, I expect the Banff area to have picked up similar accumulations. we have friends in Tahoe and that is not doing so well this year, one to avoid.
ski holidays
I took the family to Canada in Easter 2017. Lake Louise was good and Big White was out of this world! I reckon North and inland, avoid Whistler. BUT who knows really?!!
ski holidays
Sitting in our hotel room in Breckenridge, Colorado on our last evening before coming home tomorrow. Breck has already had a record Feb snowfall, conditions are awesome. Epic pass for 6 days is way less than $200 per day and includes Vail and Keystone if you want day trips.

Scheduled flights to Denver and 2 hour easy drive in a rental car (or just get the Epic mountain shuttle bus).

Loads of accommodation options, we go for Beaver Run Resort as it is properly ski in/ski out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy