Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Clavier back to Montgenevre - how?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi can someone tell me if/how you can get back from clavier to Montgenevre using only greens and blues please? Just can’t work it out on the map. We can get down there but wonder if we need to get a bus back (not appealing as they don’t run that frequently). Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just back from sestriere and agree about the maps, however looking at my Ski Nav app I don’t think you can on Blues or Greens. Red 99 is the easiest option to the bottom of the Tremplin chair then it’s a green from there, Le Bois followed by Le Lac

Hth
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh rats, that’s what I thought. What a shame as I like to have a destination. Thanks very much for the response though. Cheers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can you not ski back on the flat that runs to the back of the Crystal hotel (the grand hotel next to the road right on the border) across the golf course any more?

Was a bit mushy / skatey / yompy but avoids all difficult stuff. I caveat by saying I prob did this last about 10 years ago........
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That’s an interesting idea. Hadn’t thought of that. I’d actually consider walking back if there’s pavement (internet says 45 minutes) which I’d enjoy. Carrying skis though, I’m not so sure.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apologies. I read this as Mont back to Claviere not the other way around rolling eyes . Can’t think of an ‘easy’ way to do this that way. Sorry.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've not been for a while, but can't you cross the main road at Claviere and then hike a bit up to the lifts at the bottom of the Serre Thibauld? It's all Blues on that side.....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The easy way to get to claviere is down the green over the golf course...need to do a bit of poling. To get back you have to go up col du boeuf and ski a red. There is no blue/green route back. It would be five minutes in a taxi. The red back from Claviere is not that bad. The steepest part is on a wide piste and then it turns onto a narrower piste but that part isn't that steep. NB most pistes in Claviere are wide reds.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claviere is in Italy where there are no greens, just blues, reds and blacks. Need to take that into account. Nothing in Via Lattea is particularly difficult.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The easy way to get to claviere is down the green over the golf course...need to do a bit of poling. To get back you have to go up col du boeuf and ski a red. There is no blue/green route back. It would be five minutes in a taxi. The red back from Claviere is not that bad. The steepest part is on a wide piste and then it turns onto a narrower piste but that part isn't that steep. NB most pistes in Claviere are wide reds.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks very much for responses. We had a play about on pharoa and Gondrans today and I think I’ll leave Claviere. Thanks anyway.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Clavier back to Montgenevre - how?" - perhaps try a good piano removal firm. Toofy Grin

Sorry, just my sense of humour. Enjoy your trip. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you Alistair!! Personally I think they should definitely have a pulley system for people like me
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did Monty to clavier and back today - really enjoyed it. The flat bit green across the golf course only needed a tiny bit of poling - I kept my momentum up and didn't actually stop at all. The return red is easy - I am normally very nervous of reds but it was fine. The only steepish bit is very short. Enjoy the sunshine!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good to hear that UKinfidel. I hate going fast (which is why skiing and myself aren’t easy bedfellows) but the thought of poleing helps me speed up
ski holidays
Funny... I've been looking at this. I can handle anything the Via Lattea can throw me but not so the rest of my party and am trying to figure out how to get the others to join me in skiing to/from Italy from Montgenevre.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy