Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Boots & Foot Shape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So does anyone know...

I've been in Nordica Speedmachine 110s for 7 years. They feel great but a) my skiing has probably overtaken them and b) they're probably no longer 110s!

Found a good (looking?) deal for GTX 130s online, can anyone advise if Nordica foot shapes are the same, or do they vary with model? Ideally I'd try them but S+R no longer stock Nordica, and there's nowhere else near me to go and try... I have "funny"-ish feet, and so I know the Speedmachines fit: much difference to the GPX, or am I better finding some SpeedMachine 120s, for example?

TIA
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, but if they fit “funny” feet they're probably too big ...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
... if they fit “funny” feet they're probably too big ...

The fitter looked at my feet and said "you need some of these", and he was right! Once I'd got them dialled in they just stick on my feet with no movement...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EarthWindandWater, I got a feeling that the Speedmachine series has a 100mm Last. I got a pair of Nordica Speedmachine 130 from 2018 season which has a 100mm foot width. Previous to these boot I had the Nordica Speedmachine 14 with a 120/130 flex. The NS130's I got now are a very different boot completely. Lighter, better heel-hold, softer feel underfoot, and more importantly slightly wider across the foot. However, I do think that the old NS14's felt marginally stiffer. If you weigh top side of 90kgs I'd go for the 130's not the 120's. Great pair of boots that I can ski in all day without always fiddling about with.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve GPX 110s and I think they have a 98mm last - I bought them specifically because I have narrow feet and they fit me perfectly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As i recall my feet are (for the most part) narrow, not helped by the way I stand...

Even when my boots were cranked up last week, there felt like space forward (the heel was gripped); I've been on WeightWatchers so might have lost some mass on my feet...

Have ordered the GPXs, will see how they fare!! Thanks for everyone's comments =0)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy