Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa Ski / Aosta valley lift pass "away days"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm starting to think about options for next season and am quite keen on the Aosta valley. If you've read any of my recent trip resorts you might have worked out that we like to visit multiple resorts, but without breaking the bank. I've a question about ski passes but it's a bit complicated, so please bear with me. Here's my thought process:

1. The Aosta Valley regional pass gives access to the whole valley but it's expensive.
2. Some of the local resort passes (e.g. La Thuile) allow 2 "away days" elsewhere in the Aosta valley) on a 7 day pass, and are also a bit cheaper. OK, better, but only 2 away days.
3. Here's the one I'm looking at. The Monterosa Ski pass principally covers the big area linking Champoluc / Gressoney La Trinite / Alagna. However, it also appears to cover Antagnod, Brusson, Gressoney Saint Jean and Champorcher as standard, PLUS the 2 "away days" elsewhere in the Aosta valley. And it's even cheaper than the La Thuile pass. So with a 7 day Monterosa Ski pass could I ski (for example):

- 2 days in the main Champoluc-Gressoney-Alagna area
- a morning in Gressoney la Trinite, then Gressoney St Jean in the same afternoon (still part of Monterosa ski)
- 1 day in Champorcher (still part of Monterosa ski)
- a morning in Antagnod, then Brusson in the same afternoon (still part of Monterosa ski)
- a day in Pila (as "away day" 1)
- a day in Cervinia, or La Thuile, or Courmayeur etc. (as "away day" 2)

…i.e. basically getting around most of the Aosta Valley, but without having to pay for the more expensive pass (the difference in high season is €55 each). Obviously this would involve a lot of driving but it might work as a 2-centre holiday under a single lift pass, for example. It would also allow reasonable flexibility in a valley where some of the resorts have a reputation for wind shutting lifts etc.

I wonder if anyone with local knowledge can tell me if I am interpreting the rules correctly? Aosta Valley resorts list here (which also specifies the resorts under the Monterosa Ski umbrella): https://www.visitmonterosa.com/en/monterosa-ski/skipass-valle-daosta/. Monterosa Ski prices here (mentioning the away days): https://www.visitmonterosa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Plurigiornalieri-alta-stagione-eng-1.pdf.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You’re saving money but then using two of your days chanporcher and Antagnod at pretty small/limited resorts.

That’s in terms of post bashing though so if you can get your fill of what you like doing on those days it sounds like a good plan.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes you've got that right, some of the smaller areas only really worth it after a dump tho, Brusson, Antagnod not much exciting piste wise.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent - I really like the sound of that. Fair points about some of the resorts being small. It would really depend on snow conditions and weather / wind. They do at least give more potential options if the lifts are closed at Champoluc / Gressoney, without having to use up one of the proper away days to e.g. ski Pila on a manky day.

Some of the smaller areas also have shorter airport transfer times, so could come in handy for maximising skiing time on arrival / departure day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You are going for 7 days! just enjoy monte Rosa and possibly Wieissmatten, forget the lower Champoluc resorts
If you are blown off then Cervinia will be almost certainly be out also (or just unpleasant) so you will be throwing money into motorway tolls to get much further up the valley...although I have been known to go to Chamonix on a promise
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Super Steezy, have you fully read my posts? I wouldn't be considering Cervinia on a stormy day. And it would likely be as part of a two-centre trip - otherwise it'd be too far to drive. I'm not going anywhere yet, just putting some feelers out for what my options are.

The lower ski areas would probably be visited on windy / snowy days. Or on arrival / departure day as above. Surely if Monte Rosa is shut due to wind, there would be no harm in trying some of these?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy