Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term flight - Storm Dennis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I could not get on line to them as the rebooking website had crashed I rebooked for a flight 24 hours later and got home have stuck in a claim for one nights accommodation flights and one day car hire to get us to alternative airport.
I will see what happens
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So sorry to hear about everyone on here’s disruption (we’ve been so lucky to get here on time).

Just a bit of advice if I may. I chatted with a chap who worked in the claims department of a very well know insurance company. He said that it is common practice to always reject claims first time. Most people (I think it was 75%) give up. The next 15% give up on the next “round”, leaving just 10% to worry about and pay out on. So don’t be afraid to ramp up threats of getting a “travel compensation” solicitors involved and drop the word “ombudsmen” in. As a last resort it may be worth thinking about said solicitors. Ok you lose a chunk in their fees when there’s a pay-out but they know what they’re doing and without them you probably wouldn’t get the money back anyway. We wrote countless letters to Tomson a few years back when our flight from skiing in Finland was delayed by 11 hours and they were having none of it so we got solicitors involved. We were awarded £1600 and received £1200 which we were quite happy with.

Good luck all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If anyone is still following this...

I have complained to easyJet and, after a couple of letters back and forth (entirely generic on their part), they said they believe extraordinary conditions apply. They also said that in the event I disagreed, I must contact AADR, which I did.

I've now been through the process with AADR. I sent in a detailed/evidenced complaint. easyJet have then responded (again, with a completely generic reply which simply quotes swathes of law and makes virtually no reference to the specifics of my complaint). Notably, the easyJet reply is so 'cut and paste' that party of their defence for cancelling my FEBRUARY flight is that they had to ensure that they have "...sufficient day-to-day resources available to manage normal levels of disruption in peak summer periods.". Finally, I have responded to easyJet's statement and now the matter rests with AADR to adjudicate.

Whilst I (now) feel slightly bad complaining given the difficulties airlines are currently experiencing, I am also conscious that at the time easyJet treated me and my family pretty badly (in my opinion), wasting a huge amount of time and leaving us out of pocket. I fully appreciate that flights have to be cancelled, but 1) blaming the extraordinary circumstances (weather) when virtually all other flights (including easyJet's) operated normally and 2) having your customer service system (phones, web, live chat, app) close or crash completely so we couldn't make alternative arrangements isn't on.

We'll see what happens from here.

Has anyone else complained?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK ... not this half term ... but ....

Climbing in south of france (with tiny children along with us)
Flight cancelled whilst we were waiting to board - Sat pm
Next flight with seats - Tuesday
I elected to drive family all the way through France, leave hire car at Dieppe, get train from Dover - horrible journey
Asked for refund and compensation. Easy jet stated we flew on Tuesday!!! What???? Had all receipts - clearly nonsense.
Had 20 phone calls each one going round in circles, no one having record of earlier conversations.
Six weeks (!) of this.
Eventually I go public on a consumer website.
Easy jet bots pick full story up within minutes of posting.
Phone call and email 30 mins later offering full refund and compensation.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy