Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Breckenridge accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking for recommendation as above.

Main priority is being within walking distance to Main Street.

Ideally somewhere where we can walk to both Main Street and good loft access. Does that exist? Or do you go for one or the other?

We are a family of 5. We are open to a hotel but probably prefer an apartment where we can sort our own breakfast and the odd evening meal if everyone is tired. If an apartment it would be nice if it came in a block with a pool/hot tub/ spa. We would need 2 beds, maybe 3.

We are looking at 2 weeks early April and budget is up to $10k depending on quality.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am having the Pine Ridge Condos recommended to me by a travel agent who is looking at flights.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are heading out to Beaver Run Resort near the base of peak 9 on Saturday. It will be our 4th visit. It's truly ski in/ ski out. Self catering apartments in Building 4, the boot room door opens onto the piste and you ski down to the Beaver Run Super Chair. We make do with 1 bed plus a sofa bed but then we are only there 7 days.

It's a 10 minute downhill walk to Main Street. The shuttle bus service is great for the return if you can't be bothered to walk.

Building 4 also has a huge outdoor hot tub and swimming pool.

Not mega luxurious as each condo is privately owned and therefore they are not new and shiny. BUT we absolutely love the set-up there.

It would be much less than $10k for two weeks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks I have also seen that offered. Prices I was looking at were originally based on Christmas/new Year dates so I guess Easter should be a bit cheaper and therefore well inside the $10k even for a 2 bed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good to know it’s only 10 mins walk and the buses work well if needed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry if this is obvious, but well worth looking into lift pass prices as part of your planning. Prices are pretty high compared to Europe, enough to make some people reconsider (but not us....)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was banking on the epic pass for c $1000 pp. is that what you do. Maybe not worth it for a week? I think second week is basically free.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I actually rang the lift office and had them work out the best deal. Next week include the Presidents Day holiday which is excluded from some passes. We got 5 day Epic restricted passes plus a single day pass to cover the excluded day. For the week this turned out at $485 + $129 per person.

If you have flexibility on accommodation I think there are some deals you can get for lodging plus pass, as long as you chose an official Breckenridge lodging option. My lot love Beaver Run Resort so this option didn't work for us.

Also, for what it's worth, we love Black Tie Ski Rental. They deliver to the room the night before. We prebook a delivery slot at say 8pm, so can drive across from Denver, check in and unpack, then get ski delivered. With the lift passes pre-bought, it means we are good to go for the first lift (and jet lag from the UK means we are awake anyway).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I too stayed in the Beaver Run resort when I went to Brekenridge......fantastic place.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds good. I actually started looking at Telluride, so although Breckenridge is more expensive than Europe it’s still a bit cheaper than when I started looking at Telluride (and more convenient). I will make it there one day though!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed in Pine Ridge Condos (30 years ago...how time flies!) and they are very handy for the town - only a short walk to Main Street. They are also ski-in; and a short walk to the ski bus on a morning. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Go for convenience for slopes, town or a bus stop. A 10 minute walk in Breck on Day 1 is a major workout, after a long haul flight and a transfer, thanks to the altitude of >10k ft.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:
Go for convenience for slopes, town or a bus stop. A 10 minute walk in Breck on Day 1 is a major workout, after a long haul flight and a transfer, thanks to the altitude of >10k ft.

Yes, agreed. We prioritised ski in/ski out over proximity to Main Street. The shuttle bus works well if the walk is too much
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy