Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buffalo Special 6 Shirt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My other half is thinking of buying a Buffalo Special 6 shirt for skiing. The reviews say that they are great for Hiking, Mountaineering and telemark but not sure about regular skiing. Does anybody own one or know if they would be any good Puzzled

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sparkygirl, I'm never seen any of their range but they have a good rep with some buddies of mine who climb.

I presume your guy's thinking of using the Special 6 as a spring skiing jacket, similar to how a conventional soft shell is used. I've had a look at Buffalo's website & the description of the S6 is very similar to how most manufacturers describe their soft shell products, so on that basis I'd sure it would be fine for spring skiing.

There are industry standard methods for measuring & comparing how fabrics perform for water resistance, windproofing & breathability etc. My concern would be that whilst Buffalo say how great their Pertex fabric is re windproofing & wicking properties etc, they don't actually quote (well I couldn't see any) any performance figures to substantiate their claims. As Buffalo's prices compare with other mid/high end brands I'd want to be sure I was getting equal or better performance for my money.

Is there a Buffalo dealer in Nottingham?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sparkygirl,

I haven't seen that jacket but I use my soft-shell for golf and then skiing in good snow conditions. Its a great little jacket but you would NOT want to get caught out in bad conditions in it.

Use it by all means but have a hard-shell in the pack, IMO
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've use a buffalo shirt since they 1st came out and highly recommend them. I'm sure its saved my live on a couple of occasions now (been stuck on a wet and cold hillside for many an hour)

I tend not to use it as an outer garment while skiing because If I fall or catch it on a lift the outershell is not very strong.
while sailing, hill walking,standing around in the p***ing rain its the dogs what nots. Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few years ago, OK at least ten, Buffs used to be "THE" top to have if you were a serious mountainbiker.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've owned Buffalo shirts since they first came out. Used them for 12 years in the military, never went anywhere without it and used them on numerous occasions in the hills and also as a spring jacket for skiing. Excellent value for money.

The bonus with them for wet weather is that even when wet they keep you warm due to the windproof outer layer. The Special 6 shirts are a bit more robust than the older versions. Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/review/reviewproduct.asp?RGN=3&RCN=68&RPN=876&sp=332825698977332157494&v=1
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy