Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - thoughts/advice/Green/Blue thoughts...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening, all.

Driving down to Les 2 Alpes on Saturday/Sunday - v excited, obviously!

Three teenagers and us - not great or v experienced skiiers, but game and ready to enjoy ourselves.

Advice on Green/Blue runs to help get our snowlegs working?

Would be nice to know anybody's thoughts, guidance and experience if anyone's been recently.

Also anything about the resort itself? We've got what looks like a v nice AirBnB in the main drag...older teens might fancy a night out...they want to watch the Brits whatever evening that's on!

Hoping for blue skies and nice family fun! Happy hols to all those heading away this weekend
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the whole, I enjoyed the place. My takeaway was the 'upside down' nature of the resort, with a lot of runs down the main hill back into the far end of town being steep reds and blacks although there's a few snaking, easy greens back in... Demoiselles I think is the name of one?

Once you get up though it's good blues everywhere. Really good area with loads of piste to go at. Takes a bit of map reading because there are so many runs that criss-cross.

Impressive views from the top on a clear day but it's a lunar surface with no trees so not great when the weather closes in. Run on the top were proper full-throttle runs with plenty of space that you could just bomb around on.

The smaller hill (with the Valle Blanche run on it) was always quieter when we went. Enjoyed that place, especially on the windy days when they shuttle red bubble going up the hill.

Town is okay, a long strip but plenty of eateries and bars. Red Frog was a decent place to drink, unfortunately I got embroiled in a few of these pub crawl things so lost a lot of braincells and memories.

EDIT: just found my trip report from 2009 - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1969813&highlight=les+deux+alpes#1969813

Long time ago so things change but take from it what you want. Seemed I had a pretty good time reading back on it Smile

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 11-02-20 17:51; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tricky38H, hi I live here so can probably help wink Start at the bottom of the pistes. There are a few button lifts accessing easy, short pistes back down. Some are free, no pass required.

Move on to Crêtes, Petites Crêtes is a green and Crêtes a blue.

At this stage probably best not to attempt to ski back to resort on blue Jandri 1, it is not an easy blue and can be busy. Choose a quiet time, preferably in the morning before snow gets cut up, for the first run on it. Demoiselles is a green back but is long, winding and quite narrow. If not confident take a lift down.

Move up to 3200m on the Jandri Express. Take the Glacier 1 blue back followed by Jandri 3 back to Crêtes.

These pistes tranquils are marked on the piste map. This is approximately the progression ski schools would use.

There are also relatively easy blues on the glacier and Signal.

More difficult blues are on Bellecombes, Fée, Toura, Thuit and Vallée Blanche. Plenty of reds and blacks too.

Snow is pretty good atm so not too much to worry about.

The Brits isn't something that would be on as a matter if course. My suggestion would be to pop into the Red Frog and ask Naim if he'll put it on. Depends obviously on football, etc.

They might also be interested in Pano up the mountain 3 to 5, Umbrella Bar at the bottom, 5 to 7. Numerous bars with music until 2 and 3 clubs until 5/6. Quite lively here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tricky38H, Claude B knows the resort as well as anyone here. An extra comment: Demoiselles at home run time can have the odd character skiing too fast for the traffic; I'd definitely consider taking a lift down at the end of the day.

Great resort - I now leave my skis there.

Red Frog has a lot of Brits; the Boardroom has more of a French flavour, and the Lutins is very French. For nightclubs there are the Avalanche and the Cafe Bresilien. Years since I have been to either of them - but I am in my 8th decade! Less heavy, Smokey Joes can be worth a look.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing Laughing The expert
Quote:
For nightclubs there are the Avalanche and the Cafe Bresilien

Smokey Joe's is now called The Saloon
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Claude B, Ooo. Haven't been there for a while. Much the same?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven't either. I'll ask my friend Megan who works there, although french owned now.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you so much for these message...very much appreciated. Particularly the piste advice, Claude - very kind of you.

We're a bit amateur really and just travelling on our own as a family, but we'll enjoy and see what we can get up to...really looking forward to it!

Thanks again Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.facebook.com/221655724591999/posts/2733301350094078/
Jerry of the Day recently posted how not to get down the demoiselles !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As others have said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with downloading in the bubble lift from mid station (or even higher if you want too). When the weather is kind the blues up on the glacier are ace, and the other side over at Valley Blanche was super quiet when I last visited. I really rate the place, would happily go back again.
Enjoy,
TGP
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy