Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best coffee and not chocolate in Montgenevre?

Poster: A snowHead
I was disappointed at the hot chocolate offering last year and wondered if I was just unlucky. Have I missed a hidden gem there somewhere?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cross the border into the Italian side and you won’t find a bad cioccolata calda! They take their coffee seriously enough to only charge you 1€ for it in most places too. Or push the boat out and ask for a bombardino Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flaw in that plan Dave is I can only ski blues. I could get the bus though I suppose.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davehas wrote:
Cross the border into the Italian side and you won’t find a bad cioccolata calda! They take their coffee seriously enough to only charge you 1€ for it in most places too. Or push the boat out and ask for a bombardino Smile

He doesn't want chocolate
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bambionskiis, are you in Montgenevre at the moment? I'm also skiing round the blues here this week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's been 10 years since we were there, but Rifugio Gimont on the Claviere side had excellent hot chocolate. Good enough for the name of the place to stick in my mind for a decade.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rcav wrote:
@bambionskiis, are you in Montgenevre at the moment? I'm also skiing round the blues here this week.

Darn it Rcav, no, arriving on Saturday (along with everyone else with school age kids. I would have loved a potter around with you. What's the skiing like there now? I see quite a few runs and a lift are shut with only a 2 on avalanche risk.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 11-02-20 12:52; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
milzibkit wrote:
It's been 10 years since we were there, but Rifugio Gimont on the Claviere side had excellent hot chocolate. Good enough for the name of the place to stick in my mind for a decade.

Noted on this thanks. Sounds good - remembering a place for a decade because of its hot chocolate is impressive!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm in a minority in snowheads in not being wowed by Italian hot chocolate. I find it too strong. I would stop at Les Terraces in Montgenevre (top of chalvet gondola) for a chocolat viennois (the chantilly topped one) ….although probably before 11 or after 2 during half term week as imagine they will get very busy.

Glad you have decided to give Montgenevre another go...if I recall correctly you were there last year and snow not as good as usual in Feb.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:
davehas wrote:

He doesn't want chocolate

Just realised what you are referring to Laughing Laughing . Don't think I can edit it now and hope nobody else spots it!!!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 11-02-20 12:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowymum wrote:
I'm in a minority in snowheads in not being wowed by Italian hot chocolate. I find it too strong. I would stop at Les Terraces in Montgenevre (top of chalvet gondola) for a chocolat viennois (the chantilly topped one) ….although probably before 11 or after 2 during half term week as imagine they will get very busy.

Glad you have decided to give Montgenevre another go...if I recall correctly you were there last year and snow not as good as usual in Feb.

Well remembered!! Actually it wasn't so much the snow that stopped us skiing, more spending hours in medical facilities for one reason or another - not ski-related!! Giving it one more go and if it doesn't work out, we'll have to conclude that, for us, it's cursed Laughing . Will definately try Les Terraces then thanks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@bambionskiis, Hope you are able to enjoy a full weeks skiing this time. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Just realised what you are referring to . Don't think I can edit it now and hope nobody else spots it!!!

You should still be able to change the 'not' in the title. It confused the hell out of me...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bambionskiis wrote:
What's the skiing like there now? I see quite a few runs and a lift are shut with only a 2 on avalanche risk.

Skiing isn't bad. Yesterday a load of lifts were closed due to strong winds, and today had a little of that too. At one point yesterday they even closed all the drags on the front de neige! We had some fresh snow overnight, so major issue for me at the moment was snow blowing over the piste and in your face. Briefly went up towards godrans sector and then decided I didn't like the wind up there today and skied back down. My friends went over to claviere and reported that the pistes were very variable, different snow conditions on each. Anyway there's lots of snow here, so once the wind calms down a bit we'll have a lot to go at.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fingers crossed for a bit calmer weather for you Rcav then - at least there’s lots of snow. Apparently Storm Dennis is hitting the UK at the weekend so I’m not looking forward to the flight!
snow conditions
The hot chocolate in the small cafe in the main building (lift pass/ski school) does proper Italian hot chocolate. Sadly, we only discovered this on our penultimate day! This was 2 years ago but I would assume they still do it.
ski holidays
SkiPenguin wrote:
The hot chocolate in the small cafe in the main building (lift pass/ski school) does proper Italian hot chocolate. Sadly, we only discovered this on our penultimate day! This was 2 years ago but I would assume they still do it.

Good point skipenguine. I was poorly last year and sat in that cafe after going into the doctors and noticed that the hot chocolate looked good then and had forgotten about it. Will give it a go. Run by an expat iirc. Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy