Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurants in Sauze

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all. Currently in Sauze D'oulx and teenage daughter has announced she is buying dinner tomorrow night!. So, where do we go? Staying in Via Monfol, looking for great pizza, pasta and maybe some meat dishes and for daughter to feel like she's "treated" us but without bankrupting her! Any suggestions? And for another night anywhere we can get raclette? (Don't say France! Smile ).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Village Cafe just up from Ghost Bar. Eaten there twice (ten years apart) both times it was excellent with decent atmosphere nice helpful fun staff. That said the steaks weren’t the cheapest, burgers were proper ground lean beef and reasonable value with all the trimmings.
You get a mix of all ages during the après hours and then it’s a slightly calmer quieter pub/restaurant later.

Sorry can’t recommend any others in town as we were half board last month and ate at hotel or were out out on the drink and stumbled to the hole in the wall pizza place at 3am!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sugo's on Via Assietta was good as far as I can remember.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sugo’s is good for sharing great pasta, it’s nice when a restaurant knows what it’s good at and does it well. It is a pasta restaurant, so few other things on the menu.

If your not looking for a formal sit down meal, Ristorante Assietta is nice, we sit in the bar area so feels very relaxed. The Bresola pizza with extra rocket is amazing!! - More of a bar vibe than a restaurant, tho they do have tables at the side.

There is the number 1 restaurant on trip advisor but not eaten there yet.

The other one we have heard good things about is Etoile_des_Neiges down in Jouvenceaux, lovely little streets and buildings down there but a bug of a hill back up and no busses or taxis!
Again more of a sit down restaurant.

Enjoy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
L’Ortiche is the number 1 (now not 1 anymore) I was referring too but might be a bit £££

Menus online for most places ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven’t tried L’Ortiche yet but it’s on our hit list.

La Griglia is a firm favourite - it’s down one of the back streets. Nice setting in vaulted basement. Brilliant pizzas. Nice calzone for only €8 iirc. Pizzeria La Griglia:
https://goo.gl/maps/9FCMKXmvVmJnuJ7F6

Also can second Assietta on the middle of the village - friendly service. Good food. Live music sometimes. Decent prices too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there about 4 years ago.

The Village Inn/Cafe had a full bar of *free* (not too shabby) food on offer around 4pm - TONS of it, and completely free, arranged on the bar and replenished!

The Ghost does the same, but in a more cheese and pickley fashion.

Often thought that I'd like to see if I could do a whole week on porridge for breakfast, home made sandwiches for lunch, and Village Inn free food for dinner, I bet it could be done.

Anyone fancy the challenge? (Not with me obviously).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Picked Pizzeria Ia Griglia. Great choice, thanks for the advice. Fantastic pizza, good house wine, delicious home made puddings. €70 For the 4 of us. Complimentary limincello and a magician came to the table and did some tricks for the children. Defineltly going back. Thanks Snowheaders!. Going to try Assieta on Friday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The wild boar steak in Assietta is a firm Sauze fave of mine.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
trmacc wrote:
Picked Pizzeria Ia Griglia. Great choice, thanks for the advice. Fantastic pizza, good house wine, delicious home made puddings. €70 For the 4 of us. Complimentary limincello and a magician came to the table and did some tricks for the children. Defineltly going back. Thanks Snowheaders!. Going to try Assieta on Friday.

Good choice and glad you enjoyed it. And the bill is always a nice surprise at the end Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy