Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LAAX - Short Break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice on Laax/Flims,
4 guys looking to organise a trip March 18th to 22nd. We will have a car.
We are all confident intermediates happy to ski any piste (avoiding the bumps - knees getting too old!)
Usually ski PDS or Cham valley so just looking for something different.
Just wondering if its a good destination for us?
Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could be good if my finger in the air prediction of a cold spring materialises....I'd probably go for Davos if you're heading in that general direction.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went to Laax three years ago, we classify ourselves like you as intermediates prepared to explore most runs. Had a good time, moderate size resort which should work well for a short break. Range of runs but nothing extreme.

Agree with @Bodeswell, Davos in some ways has more going for it. But the way the skiing is split up in different areas might make it frustrating to explore properly in a few days.

Otherwise in the same region there is Lenzerheide-Arosa, bigger area than Laax but probably less well known by the British. Roger Federer has his personal chalet there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SteveCook0, have skied both Flims/ Laax and Davos a few times and I’d go to Davos every time over F/L. That said skiing anywhere in CH is too expensive for us right now with exchange rate.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
j b wrote:

Otherwise in the same region there is Lenzerheide-Arosa, bigger area than Laax but probably less well known by the British. Roger Federer has his personal chalet there.

Not much in it size wise is there, both around 225km of pistes according to their respective websites? We're driving down to Laax next week for half term with our two primary school age kids, they've only skied a couple of weeks and Mrs Loco is very much in the slightly nervous slow and steady category so hopefully the greens, blues and the less challenging reds will keep us amused for 6 days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Locoblade, Sounds like you will have a car? If so, and you run short on things to do, 45 minute drive west to Sedrun and about the same east to Lenzerheide.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mr. mike wrote:
@Locoblade, Sounds like you will have a car? If so, and you run short on things to do, 45 minute drive west to Sedrun and about the same east to Lenzerheide.

Yep heading down in the family bus. Will keep those in mind thanks although I'm sure Laax will be more than ample for us, the past two years we've skied in Trysil (Norway) for a week which is less than half the size of Laax (71km) without getting bored. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super destination. Have a great time guys!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers, looking forward to it
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Locoblade, If you liked Norway you'll like Laax
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hope so, I actually went boarding in Flims about 15 years ago with some friends and wife-to-be at the time but my memories of ski resorts from back then seem to have blended into one another so don't remember too many specifics of the mountain, although I think the facilities etc have changed a lot in that time anyway.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy