Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can any Seasonaires or otherwise help please

Poster: A snowHead
I have an apartment in Samoens which at the moment we rent on a weekly basis. I have been asked by someone for a full season price (i.e. mid Dec until Mid- April). The person renting will be working in resort rather than skiing all season. Not quite sure how much to ask for. To give you an idea - for a full season (16 weeks) I could hope to get about £6500 if I filled it every week (unlikely) then I would have cleaning bills etc to come off.

Has anyone any experience of what I would expect to get?

Thanks in advance

Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I charged 1000 pound per month for my 45 sq m 6 sleeper apartment for long term rental. But be carefull. It is unlikely to be used by just one person and much more likely to be filled with seasonaires with not much respect for other people's property.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevo_the_saddler, you don't want to loose money so look at what you would typically make over the 16 week season and charge accordingly e.g if you typically make £3300 after bills/cleaning etc charge at least £250 p/w, what you do want to do is take a large deposit as you may have to have it proffesionally cleaned at the end of the season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, D G Orf, thanks for the speedy responses! I knew I could rely on snowHead 's
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevo_the_saddler, You should reckon on 1 month = 1 week in tourist terms. You might get more than that. Make sure the inventory is up to date and take at least a month's depostit. Go yourself to check the apartment at the end of the season and count everything (including blankets, pillows etc.) + make sure they understand that it's to be handed back in pristine condition, and anything else will result in held back deposits. If they don't pay the last months' rent on time then go and kick them out immediately - lots of peeps are just not paying last month cos of the deposit and going leaving a real mess.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who is this seasonal tenant person? TO staff accommodation gets trashed, but if you're letting to (eg) a ski instructor or other private person there's probably less to woryy about.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is a person who will be working for a chalet company who needs accom in village for the season
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are you renting to the person or to the company, it's important to know the difference
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The company
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Either avoid it or ask for a huge deposit. Common practice is to ram the accommodation full of youths who live like pigs and have no respect for your property whatsoever. I can say this from experience, having had the joy of closing down staff accommodation on many occasions.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep massive deposit required, you don't even know if the people who start the season will be there at the end, you may find the person who starts the season is a really good person who cleans up everything but they could get replaced with the creature from the black lagoon, in addition to the huge deposit get a well drawn up contract
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevo_the_saddler, also suggest that you will carry out monthly visits to check up on your apartment. Even if you can't visit, it may be enough to convince the occupiers to keep the property in a decent state.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Despite all the naysaying I'd say not all seasonnaires live like pigs. Having done a couple of seasons as a mature gapper I & flatmates have always kept places in great nick even adding things like coasters, tableclothes and cooking utensils. Never a single quibble re deposits. On occasion obviously you have a few friends sleeping on the floor/sofa but we never had an interest in ramming the place full as it was our home.

If you're renting to a private & credible person don't be too greedy on rent or cash upfront unseen. Remember to them you could be a scam merchant as well so don't be surprised if a responible tenant wants to check you out first.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

mature

Indeed. I did say 'youths who live like pigs', if you notice. And it's the operators who like to stuff them in like sardines, not the occupants themselves.
snow conditions
To be fair - I have known the couple who run the chalet a couple of years - and feel sure they would keep an eye on whoever they put in there. Waiting to hear back now - thanks to everyone for their input!

Steve
snow conditions
stevo_the_saddler, Are you giving up on Samoens for next season then?

PS. Have you been to Table de Fifine? I think it's the best restaurant in Samoens.

Hope you had a good season.

Freestyle Cool
snow report
No way am I giving up on it... Love the place... even if they had taken me up on the offer - I would have stayed elsewhere! As it happens they haven't so our place is once again available to all comers!!! I will be over 2 or 3 times next season for sure. Not bee to Table De Fifine yet - must try next time. We had a good season - already have some interest and a booking for next year, plus several in the summer too. We were out last week - but without the ski gear (couldn't fit it in the car!) I was a little gutted as they had a massive dump of snow on Sun/Mon. Skiing is still great - could keep the lifts open until Junew if they wanted!
latest report
stevo_the_saddler,

Were there a few of you with kids in red jumpers?

May have seen you! If it was you, I should have said 'hello'!

Freestyle
latest report
No - no kids in red jumpers! If you see a good looking chap with a 5 year old boy and 9 year old girl and a beautiful wife (ish! Laughing ) That will be me possibly!!!!!
snow conditions
LoL! Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy