Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intuition wrap liner problem

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowheads,
got some little used dalbellos with intution wrap liner that have been sitting there unused for a while (which is a pity, really).

Just realized that on the right foot, the wrap around the cuff is a little odd: the "inner" part (i.e. that in direct contact with the shin) is quite a bit lower that the other part (comparing the top edge), a good 3/4inch. This creates a little "gap" at the top of the shin between shin and liner.

Any idea if this can be corrected, perhaps re-heating the cuffs only?

(If I overlap the parts the wrong way around, then the tops align correctly)

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds like they were heat molded wrong
I'd remold them (whole things). It's easy even at home. See youtube for instructions.
Intuition advise an approach microwaving bags of rice but I have used a domestic oven as per a youtube vid with success.

put oven on low heat (~100C)
remove all but one shelf
put a heat resistant chopping board (wood!) on the shelf
get ONE foot ready (i.e., put pads on any areas where you want a little more room under the sock)
stick that liner in the over
lube the inside of the shell to allow the soft liner to slip in easily (I used olive oil because it is what I had at hand)
watch the liner like a hawk until it just starts to sag
pull it out, put it on your foot (check you get the wrap right!), slide foot into lubed boot (you have the cold boot on the other foot)
stand in a ski position for a few minutes to let it set

repeat with the other foot

DO one foot at a time so you don't have to rush from oven to boot
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey thanks Jedster!
Yes, that sounds feasible... but the wife must not catch me using the oven like this Wink
I was hoping to get away with just remolding the cuff as opposed to having to the whole thing as the foot and toes fit well. But having that cuff like it is now bothers me a bit... it presses on a point of the shin that is a bit uncomfortable from the other boots...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi all, -

I had a set of these tour liners heat modded at Intution in Vancouver in mid Feb, haven’t used them since . They felt fantastic when I wore in shop post mould.

Looking at them now, untouched since, I see that the “inner” part of the cuff is maybe 1 cm lower . I suggest you try them for fit etc before you get radical!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy