Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!! Advice needed on skiing after elbow dislocation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
This is well and truly my only hope of getting advice!!
I dislocated my elbow badly last may. I'm going skiing this year and really nervous about falling and dislocating it again. I'm looking at getting an elbow support to help protect the elbow and give me some confidence. I know it wont totally stop the injury occurring again but hope it will offer support and added protection. Can anyone give any advice on the best elbow support to get would be!
Thanks for reading
Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Something like this will give you some proprioception support.

https://www.mad-hq.com/product/rehband/rx-elbow-sleeve-5mm/black
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I think I was looking for something with a bit more support in it? I use a tubigrip at the moment occasionally but doesn't so much so looking for something more substantial!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Becbec123, assuming your elbow is now healed and you Dr. Has given you the go ahead foe snow sports, then I would look at some elbow pads of the type used for protection during sports such as mountain biking or skating. For example. See. https://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/mtb/elbow-pads/?ris=1

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-02-20 21:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't think of anyway of stopping it happening by using a support, without severely impacting on movement. If you want to try anything, something like https://www.physioroom.com/product/Compex_Bionic_Elbow_Support_Brace_Compression_and_Stabilisation_for_Elbow_Injuries_Ergonomic_Design/3073/42335.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm5b-tum45wIVjLTtCh0g9gyPEAQYAiABEgKrDvD_BwE

might give you some psychological support, if nothing else.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you everyone! I have been given the go ahead from dr!
Will look into these suggestions, really appreciate all your replies! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just be careful that a heavy braces does not transfer damage to another body part! i suggest a 5mm neoprene sleeve for warmth and proprioception.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy