Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Choosing Resort - Megeve / Tignes / Serre / Avroiaz / Others?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm planning a two weeks Alps stay with my famliy for first two weeks of March, ideally will have snowfall and good offpiste.
I'm advance snowboarder looking for off-piste group + park sessions

My wife is a good skier but prob won't ski more than 2-3 days, she is not crazy about it.
I will be with a car

As such I'm looking for a place that :
- has good chances of snow dump and off-piste guiding groups.
- has things to do for none-skiier
- close by to kindergarden.
- ideally pretty.
- good tree runs (I love those, and also in case of storm)..

I'm thinking of:
- Tignes
- serre chevalier
- megeve
- avroiaz
- any other ideas?

Can you please share your thoughts on this?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 4-02-20 19:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes has lots of those things, though it's not particularly pretty, and it's not got many tree runs due to its altitude. But the highest chance of good off piste or good snow is probably going to be high altitude, particularly this year. I'm biased though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@doryz, Have a look at La Rosiere, it has one of the most reliable snow records in the Alps, we always go there in either the 1st or 2nd weeks of March and I have had to dig my car out, at least twice in the week. There are two well established ski schools and a good number of independent guides, the 3 time world champion extreme skier - Nathan Gaidet comes from the village so there's lots of off-piste, as well as heli-skiing. There's a very good kindergarten which my grand-kids have enjoyed. The village is reasonably pretty with some good walks and some of the best scenery in the Alps. There are a few nice tree runs Fontaine Froide down Les Ecudets is one, but not too many as the village is at 1850 meters, south facing which makes it a sun trap. You can find out more on www.larosiere.net. or contact the Tourist Office who are very helpful.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@doryz, Have a look at La Rosiere, it has one of the most reliable snow records in the Alps, we always go there in either the 1st or 2nd weeks of March and I have had to dig my car out, at least twice in the week. There are two well established ski schools and a good number of independent guides, the 3 time world champion extreme skier - Nathan Gaidet comes from the village so there's lots of off-piste, as well as heli-skiing. There's a very good kindergarten which my grand-kids have enjoyed. The village is reasonably pretty with some good walks and some of the best scenery in the Alps. There are a few nice tree runs Fontaine Froide down Les Ecudets is one, but not too many as the village is at 1850 meters, south facing which makes it a sun trap. You can find out more on www.larosiere.net. or contact the Tourist Office who are very helpful.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
doryz wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning a two weeks Alps stay with my famliy for first two weeks of March, ideally will have snowfall and good offpiste.
I'm advance snowboarder looking for off-piste group + park sessions

My wife is a good skier but prob won't ski more than 2-3 days, she is not crazy about it.
I will be with a car

As such I'm looking for a place that :
- has good chances of snow dump and off-piste guiding groups.
- has things to do for none-skiier
- close by to kindergarden.
- ideally pretty.
- good tree runs (I love those, and also in case of storm)..

I'm thinking of:
- Tignes
- serre chevalier
- megeve
- avroiaz
- any other ideas?

Can you please share your thoughts on this?

Does it have to be France?
Pretty, tree-lined, things for non-skiers screams Austria to me.
St Anton perhaps?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First week of March is still French school holidays.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
First week of March is still French school holidays.

Does this normally mean it will be super packed everywhere?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's not a Paris week ( they're the worst) but busy and accommodation expensive. The second week of March will be hugely quieter and low season accommodation prices. The difference is startling.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy