Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Crows Camox Binding Recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

New to the forum here and could do with some advice Smile

I recently bought the Black Crows Camox 168 ski without the binding and was looking for recommendations on pretty good bindings to suit it. Crows themselves recommend the Salomon Warden 11 or 13, but was open to new ideas as to which may be better? It is purely for downhill use i'm gearing towards.

I have a din calculated setting around 8, and base myself in powder snow where possible with the occasional piste, should the snow be poor.

Is there bindings better than the Warden 11 which would be worth the investment, and should I go for 11 over 13 if not?

Thanks,
Shane
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only reason to get the Warden is if you want to ski them with boots with touring soles.

Otherwise just stick whatever alpine bindings with an appropriate DIN you can get for a good price on them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’ve got the Marker Griffon 1Ds on my Camox - they’re DIN 4-13 so 8 is in their sweet spot. They’re 1Ds so toe piece adjusts to accept both alpine and touring boots. Camox are 97mm underfoot so you’ll need the 110mm brake
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
scusack57 wrote:
Hi Guys,

New to the forum here and could do with some advice Smile

I recently bought the Black Crows Camox 168 ski without the binding and was looking for recommendations on pretty good bindings to suit it. Crows themselves recommend the Salomon Warden 11 or 13, but was open to new ideas as to which may be better? It is purely for downhill use i'm gearing towards.

I have a din calculated setting around 8, and base myself in powder snow where possible with the occasional piste, should the snow be poor.
Is there bindings better than the Warden 11 which would be worth the investment, and should I go for 11 over 13 if not?

Thanks,
Shane

Warden are multi DIN bindings, and accept GripWalk soles. The 11 is platic, and the 13 are metal. I am the happy owner of two pairs of Warden 13, and love them dearly. Easy to step into, and good interface for ski/boot Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DanishRider, OP is only looking to go downhill on ‘em so Wardens / frame bindings not necessary:
scusack57 wrote:
It is purely for downhill use i'm gearing towards.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy