Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for Atomic Metron 10 (2010)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I’m new to the forum and hope I can ask for some advice.
I have just picked up some new, never used, Atomic Metron 10 skis appx 9 years old. They have riser plates but have never had bindings fitted.
I’ve been looking at bindings, both Atomic and other manufacturers, but am a wee bit lost as to which to buy.
I live 140 miles from a decent ski shop so am looking to fit the bindings myself.
Any advice welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Delitubby, give @Spyderjon at https://www.thepisteoffice.com/ a call. He'll know what your options are, and most likely have something suitable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Delitubby, welcome to snowHeads.

The Metron 10 came with a factory mounted Atomic Neox 12 binding. The Neox is no longer available and it has over the years morphed in to the current X12 binding but the X12 toes'n'heels won't fit the old original Neox bases. The Neox toes'n'heels should have been sold with the skis but have obviously been separated at some time. This means that you're now screwed as it's highly likely that you'll have to remove/bin the existing base and start again etc which will be pricey. Alternatively you might get lucky and find a pair of old Metrons on ebay from which you can nick the bindings but you'll need to have some knowledge to ensure you get the correct generation to fit your bases - but then they'll still be 10-13 year bindings with an unknown history. You've also got the problem of the long term degradation of the phenolic core in the Metron even though the ski has never been used.

Any decent ski retailer will know all of this so my advice would be to return the skis for a refund and buy something else.

However, if you email me a pic of the bases/plates that are on the ski I can confirm what we're working with - but be prepared for bad news.
jon @ thepisteoffice.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy