Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport to Samoens transport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Samoens for the first time on 31 March and want to exhaust all cheaper avenues before parting with what seems like large $ to travel by shuttle from Geneva airport. The trip is just over an hour apparently and would prefer not to hire a car as haven’t driven in Europe before.. Has anyone done this trip by any combination of train/bus in less than say 2-3 hours? Getting into Geneva at a good time, just after 2pm and just 2 of us.
Any tips on this trip very welcome please
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't done it myself, but you can get from the airport to Cluses by train and bus, with a couple of changes. If you set the date and time of travel, Google maps will give you the routing. From there you can get a bus to Samoens. The train bit is 1 hr 50 mins so should be way under three in total. NB. If you put it into Google as a single trip from airport to Samoens it says it's not possible, so do it as two separate ones.

Alternatively, post on the Samoens FB page to see if anyone local can help.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 1-02-20 12:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you tried GoMassif??

(looks like €44 each way per person)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bumpski, have you heard of google.com? It’s remarkably helpful...

https://www.mountaindropoffs.com might be able to help ... but I got several results from others. €40 each way is typical for Chamonix which is a bit further but a bit quicker ...

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Geneva-Airport-GVA/Samoëns Also helpful, ime.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you have gear with you the €44 is not bad for airport to door service,
Train and bus combo probably gonna be north of €20 anyway
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What made you think there are cheaper options when it comes to GVA? You're on holiday so factor the right budget and use Go Massif. You can try the other transfer companies but they are far less likely to know how to take you directly to your accommodation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Using jet-alpine-transfers through findtransfers.com I've got private return transfer GVA-Samoens for 4 people for €315.00.
Go Massif didn't have private option and wanted €286 for shared transfer, meaning posible waiting and other drop-offs . I rather pay the extra €30 (between 4) for door-door private.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
With Kiwitaxi Ski https://kiwitaxi.com/en/ski/, you can pre-book a car that will fit your entire company + luggage and equipment. The driver will track your flight arrival time and meet you at the airport with a name sign. In case you book a trip from the hotel, the driver will wait for you in the lobby at the agreed time. The cars are not older than 7 years, regularly undergo maintenance, and each driver is licensed to carry passengers.
The price is fixed — it will not change due to snowfall and traffic jams.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy