Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What a scorcher!

Poster: A snowHead
Today is +7C at 1800m, with a freezing layer of 2500m. Sunday it will be raining, and Monday is forecast to be +8C Shocked

I’ve been visiting Saas-Fee for more than 30 years, and I’ve never experienced daytime temperatures like it, even in March. Apart from normal January temperatures of -8 to -10C at the beginning of last week, every day has been above zero in the village, often +4 or 5C.

Practically every road and path has been snow free, and I don’t just mean the central trafficked section, I mean edge to edge like its summer. We had 20-25cm of snow on Wednesday (the first since Christmas apparently), and you wouldn’t know it today as it has all melted in the village.

Fortunately it’s my last day tomorrow. Who else is suffering?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 31-01-20 16:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I will be suffering soon

Rain and wind at Söll. Big dump on Wednesday, we leave on Thursday morning
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was in Saalbach last week, was boarding in a T and fleece with no jacket most of the week, hottest January I have experienced.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
we are staying in St Gervais when we left to drive over to Megeve this morning had a fair bit of snow by our appartment it has all gone now and we were very warm skiing all day, we are here till 4th April if it carries on like this cant see much snow left, at least we can ski in Chamonix too
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We called it a day at lunchtime in tignes, partly because yesterday was a bit of a bone rattler on the pistes , I've got a dodgy knee and some boarder went in to me, I could feeling it telling me it wasn't happy today on the slopes what with the warm temps and sticky springlike snow, people going bonkers on their last day etc. Could not believe how hot it was today... dread to think what it was like in the low resorts
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skola wrote:
I will be suffering soon

I have to marshal a Biathlon event Sunday - all day standing in pouring rain if the forecast is right. It's a washout. 17C today in Grenoble and maybe over 20C on Monday, this in the middle of the middle of winter. Second hottest start to winter in France since records began, +2.3C above average. It is even worse in the Alps with Chamonix +3.1 °C above average for Dec/Jan, an absolute record since 1900.

Meteo France sees little end to it, after a brief cold spell they predict an early spring.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Warm and wet in St Anton, which (apologies to Robin Williams for paraphrasing) is good if you are with a woman, but not if you are skiing!

Is this really January? The local soccer pitch is being cleared of snow. That almost never happens until March. While I have seen the occasional rainy day in the Arlberg in the Jan - March timeframe, the forecast suggests maybe another 3 days of same - that I have never seen.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Skola, Is it really that bad?
We head to ski welt early in the morning, will hopefully ski 6 days commencing Sunday, are you getting rain up top?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brooky wrote:
We head to ski welt early in the morning, will hopefully ski 6 days commencing Sunday, are you getting rain up top?

Sorry, just to confirm, I'm not there yet either!

Don't arrive till Sunday but my family in Munich said the local forecast for Söll isn't looking so good right now.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Warm all week in Val Di Fassa apart from Tuesday and Wednesday. Was spring like Thursday and Friday. Had lunch on the terraces both days in just a t-shirt.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's a disaster in the motorhome: the dog returns from walks with muddy paws instead of nice clean slightly icy paws.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crazy warm spell in the Oberland. Thursday morning some lovely powder above Grindelwald, as you would expect for late January. Rain during the night then Friday morning conditions at Kleine Scheidegg not dissimilar to a late April splash! Freezing levels forecast up beyond 2000m so today and tomorrow making big holes in a very nicely established base. Hopefully colder for Tues with snow to more appropriate levels.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've experienced +18º in Cervina in February before, that was unpleasantly hot for skiing. Today is +7º pleasantly sunny, still plenty of snow in the valley and on the mountains, more forecast midweek. In fairness it has been a milder winter than either of the two previous winters so far, but everywhere is white, all ski areas are open and there's been plenty of sunshine too. All good.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I shall be ready to take walking boots to Les Deux Alpes in the second half of March. As long as the mountain restaurants are open, I shall cope!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's also very warm in and above Innsbruck today. Didn't stop us coming down to Nordkette 'on' skis tho, a fair bit of walking and very muddy boots!
ski holidays
Meanwhile back in the UK 12ºC in the Peak District
latest report
Meanwhile at Glenshee.

4th Feb lest year, which was a disaster year with only an handful of days open.

And today.
snow report
snow conditions
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Skola wrote:
Brooky wrote:

Sorry, just to confirm, I'm not there yet either!

Don't arrive till Sunday but my family in Munich said the local forecast for Söll isn't looking so good right now.

Just as well I skied in the rain Sunday and mixed visibility yesterday

Everything is shut today. Stormbound!
snow report
Quote:

Meanwhile at Glenshee.

Wow that really puts it into perspective Sad
ski holidays
4 Vallées: On a more positive note, after a high of 12.8°C on the balcony yesterday (1500m), it dropped to a low of 0.7°C last night with light snow falling most of the time and it's now (12:55 CET) -0.7°C on the balcony. Continuing snowfall forecast through to 4am tomorrow morning. Sunny and clear with more typical temperatures forecast from Thursday onwards.

Snowshoeing yesterday, however, I was impressed at how well the snow base has stood up to 2 days of continuous rain at lower altitudes. The green run beside the road at the edge of the village clearly had at least 20cm of solid pack. So that's good news if it's been as resilient higher up.

Two downsides are we seem to be getting a lot of gusty high wind today, even at low altitudes, and a lot of the footpaths in the village have a treacherous base of ice, after a couple of days of thaw/freeze cycles.
ski holidays
@Skola, yes after 2 challenging days, we decided a trip to salzburg was in order after seeing the lifts closed this morning.

However as we set off on the bus to worgl it already seemed to be clearing up.

Presume you got some skiing in?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy