Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton- Lech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a group of fairly good skiers, including kids with good skills, who are going to ski in the St Anton area in a few weeks time. This is our first time in this particular area and I am looking for tips about good lunch places and special runs not to miss.

We are staying in St Anton but are hoping to ski in the whole area and don't mind going on excursions thourghout the system. We have booked a lunch place at the to of the Zug lift but looking at the piste map (I struggle with these things) it seems to be far away. How long would it take us to get back to St Anton in the afternoon?

All tips are hugely appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome.

Post on this thread and a bunch of locals and regulars will answer fast.

Aim to leave Zurs before 2pm.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Nilla, As mentioned do check out the St Anton thread.

The Arlberg is a large area and the connections between Zürs and Lech are not great. There is a well known run - Madloch, which connects Zürs to Zug and onto Lech. In good conditions it is one of the highlights of the whole area, not to be missed. It is not a piste but a ski route though in this case the difference is somewhat moot as it is piste bashed every day but it can get cut up by the afternoon. There can also be long queues for the lift (a slow 2 person chair) in high season ie a couple of weeks time. I would suggest if you are planning to go over to the Lech or Warth area from St Anton you need to get going early, the first lifts now start at 08:30 best be on them soon after.

If you have reasonable skiing abilities I would suggest runs to do might be; Schindlerkar in St Anton (it is another ski route but in reality is pretty much a piste, the easier option is to start from the new top station of the Schindler lift); Zürsertäli in Zürs, the first pitch is a bit steep but after that one of the best pistes in the alps; Madloch and its variants as mentioned above; Valgefahr in St Anton, this is a long run from the top of Schindler (on way to Stuben & Zürs) but best done early in busy times to avoid the crowds; skiing over to Warth and back will get in a good deal of skiing with anything from easy blues to the option of some fairly difficult ski routes.

I am not a great one for eating lunch, usually happy with a schiwasser and a sandwich but I believe there are some good (though expensive) spots at Oberlech and also St Christoph.

In terms of getting back from Zürs to St Anton no problem leaving Zürs (Flexenbahn) at 15:30 even 15:50 at a push (the Flexenbahn takes you to Alpe Rauz from where the chair lift gets you high enough to ski back to St Anton without using another lift). If you mess up no big deal as there are buses which run until about 20:00.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No need to leave Zürs at 2pm.
Last lift needed to return on ski to St.Anton is Valfagehrbahn, which runs untill 16/16.30 at least.
From Zürs you only need the Trittkopf-Flexenbahn (Flexen download) to reach the Valfagehrbahn.
15.30 at Trittkopfbahn is fine.

Instead of Balmalp restaurant which you reserved, I would suggest one of the restaurants in Oberlech (e.g. Burg, Montana)
Balmalp can be very windy. (And has loud music, which we don’t like)
Having lunch in pretty Oberlech is a bit of a ‘signature’ thing in Lech. Prices are similar to St.Anton.

Instead of skiing from St.Anton to Lech, you might consider to go by car/bus for the first time. It would be a much more relaxed approach, and you will be able to ski the really great pistes and routes which you need to pass by on a hurried St.Anton-Lech round, especially since you’re new to the region. You will spend a lot of time simply finding the way...
You could then do the round on a second day or next holiday. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Goldenerberg Hotel at Oberlech is excellent for lunch, especially on the terrace on a bluebird day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy