Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Longest tree line red runs in europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Langerzug, sure, still northern Alps though (I agree it's an outlier, just pointing out not everywhere is max 1800m).

Not much snow? We’ll have to agree to disagree wink This was yesterday in that exact zone (and very fun it was too!):

Always gets a little less than the Arlberg does when the snow comes from the north. On the flip side, Ischgl can (not always) get snow from the south if the storm is powerful enough, whereas basically nothing form the south makes it as far as the Arlberg.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@clarky999, still it looks very patchy around the Taja... Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/AVo5qCbLT6U
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't the bottom part of LGM in Argentière an 8km, red, tree run?
In Grand Massif you have a Cascades (12km but it's a blue) and Marvel (6km, trees and all but... a green)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, and just been looking back at my tracks from the SIGB test in Kuhtai (Innsbruck) and trees at 2,150m !

This was yesterday and the end of the treeline circa 2,320m below Tête de Fouran 2,460m.

And then a good 1,000m descent through the forest.

And slow-mo stack at the end of the vid Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/BYYNC_fe84E
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_line
Check the table.
“Eastern Alps 1750 m”
“Swiss Alps 2200 m”
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Langerzug, plenty of exceptions though.

I think you could answer the OP in different ways.

Best treeskiing in the Alps is probably in the southern Alps around Serre Chevalier. I've never skied there, but I understand the forests are generally a bit wider spaced. In the Northern Alps, Montafon has some of the best that I've skied personally.

Most tree-line piste skiing will be anywhere with a high tree line and low base elevation - but snow-safe to the base. One contender might be Hinterstoder. Trees to around 1950m or so, skiing to the valley at 600m (and yes, even this warm and relatively dry winter the village is still white and has full coverage on piste to the bottom).

Parts of the SkiWelt get close, but the base stations are a little higher.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999,

nice! bit of old school submarining there wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy