Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baffled by my skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive just returned from a week in the 3V's in which I started the week with some Dynastar Cham 2.0 97 (178) all mountain ski's and got on with them very well. Didn't do much off piste, due to the people I was skiing with, but they coped very well on the piste and even did the 3 valleys escapade on one day, so fast and strong riding on them.

As I could change them and conditions were going even more piste orientated, I swapped for some Dynastar Powerdrive 12 ti speed zone (174) carvers to see if I could improve my short turn technique. However.....it was a total disaster! I was like Bambi on ice....felt wrong right from the off and never really improved all day. But why? I have skied on similar before with no problem, but these skis skittered around and in the end were hurting my knees due to the lateral twisting. They would not grip in a straight traverse between turns or even on a turn they made me feel very twitchy. Was it me? Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No probably just badly tuned
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
orange wrote:
probably just badly tuned

+1
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rental skis? As the others have said probably a bad tune, I have seen some truly awful tunes on rentals.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I put my skis in for a service during a Pre-EOSB week a couple of years ago - and they came out similar to the descrition above. Virtually unskiable. Which unfortunately I only realised when I got off the top of Cine Caron I think. That was a fun ski back down - I had to snowplow as I couldn't trust the edges, so my legs were destroyed by the bottom Shocked Turned out they had hanging burrs virtually the full length of all edges.

Thankfully they were my own skis, so I knew something was wrong with them - that must not have been fun for you @Rockape63 on an unfamiliar pair of skis!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ah okay....thanks Guys. I couldn't change them for odd reasons, so did 20 miles on them. Was truly dire!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the bright side - I suspect your piste buddies thought it was suitably hilarious watching you negotiate a blue run like Norman Wisdom.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably....although that was soon offset by the constant sound of my whining! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiing with a bur down the whole edge of the ski sucks. One of the reasons i learnt to service my own gear, and carry a gummy stone and mini file in my pocket for removing those pesky burs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy