Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

120 flex boot suggestion + best boot fitter in Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys!

After this post, I decided to replace my existing boots.

Summary:
I bought a Nordica Cruise 80 about 1 year ago but it is feeling a bit loose, according to another boot fitter, I should be using at least 0.5 size down, besides, I'm looking for a higher flex. Luckily I got a nice discount on this boot and won't loose much money when(if) reselling.
I would say my ski level is intermediate, skiing reds with confidence but still struggling in blacks or narrow tracks, the thing is I am improving fast (I guess), so I want a boot that will last for at least 5 years. I usually ski around 25 days per year.

SO, I'm looking for a 120 flex boot for wide feet. I am a big guy, 1.78m but my weight is always going up and down between 95kg and 100kg.
I am looking for good boot fitter in the Netherlands/Belgium/Western Germany, but travelling within Europe to get the boot at the bottom of the slope is also an option, that way I can have it fitted and tested right away!

I will let the boot fitter do his job and make his suggestions, I am looking for the best boot fitter I can get and want to have a few models in mind in case I have the option to choose. I have a wide feet, my actual boot is 104mm.
So far I'm thinking about those ones:

- Lange LX 120: https://www.lange-boots.com/product/lx-120
- Nordica Sport Machine: https://www.nordica.com/uk-ireland/men/boots/medium-wide-102mm/sportmachine/sportmachine-120-8430/
- Atomic Hawx Magna(no 120, they only have 130 and 110, not sure which one would be better: https://shop.atomic.com/en-nl/products/hawx-magna-110-s-ae0001177.html or https://shop.atomic.com/en-nl/products/hawx-magna-130-s-ae0001259.html

Any comments on those models or suggestion on better ones ? Grip walk is definitely a plus.
I want a boot fitter that is used to fit those boots I mentioned and have the latest models(I bought my Nordica Cruise in 2019 but they sold me a model from 2016 Mad )
Of course, the final saying on which model is gonna be will come from the boot fitter, not from me, I just want to be sure that I can get a good boot fitter that have the latest releases and the ability to work on the shell so I can fit my wide-ass feet Laughing

Any tips on the boot model or the boot fitter ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AndreSilva, If you're back here again Cedric at Jaques Sport is very good. However he would have a wider choice at the start of the season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AndreSilva, you are approaching this slightly the wrong way.

Find a good fitter first. They will select the best boot for you.

Locally to me in Chamonix you have three options; Concept Pro (family connections), SOLE (one of whom posts here, and who I would use if I didn't have family connections to Concept) and Jules at Sanglard. All extremely well regarded.

They will tell you what boot to buy.

Locally to you I have no idea. Given the Dutch liking of skiing I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one good fitter in the Randstad. If all else fails, the Ski Hutte in Rotterdam is an excellent place to drown your sorrows.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
also. a 120 in one boot is not a 120 in another. I am 95 kg 6ft 3 and have atomic hawx prime 120. lange 120 where like butter soft. the boot fitter will put you right
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B wrote:
@AndreSilva, If you're back here again Cedric at Jaques Sport is very good. However he would have a wider choice at the start of the season.

Hi Claude! Always helping Laughing
I'm not back, but maybe it is an excuse to go back! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@AndreSilva, you are approaching this slightly the wrong way.

Find a good fitter first. They will select the best boot for you.

Locally to me in Chamonix you have three options; Concept Pro (family connections), SOLE (one of whom posts here, and who I would use if I didn't have family connections to Concept) and Jules at Sanglard. All extremely well regarded.

They will tell you what boot to buy.

Locally to you I have no idea. Given the Dutch liking of skiing I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one good fitter in the Randstad. If all else fails, the Ski Hutte in Rotterdam is an excellent place to drown your sorrows.

Hello!
Yes, indeed the fitter needs to come first.
Nice option, I have never been to Charmonix and would love to visit! The question is: does your family connections provide family discounts ??? Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_3 wrote:
also. a 120 in one boot is not a 120 in another. I am 95 kg 6ft 3 and have atomic hawx prime 120. lange 120 where like butter soft. the boot fitter will put you right

How you like the Hawx Prime ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@AndreSilva, ah, sadly not. One other point is that there are somewhat differing philosophies. SOLE seem to have a very wide range of brands whereas the guys at Concept have a range reduced to only the models that they actually need to fit all feet. I don't believe that one is better than the other.

Concept do have nice draft beer however, which would swing it for me... wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@AndreSilva, ah, sadly not. One other point is that there are somewhat differing philosophies. SOLE seem to have a very wide range of brands whereas the guys at Concept have a range reduced to only the models that they actually need to fit all feet. I don't believe that one is better than the other.

Concept do have nice draft beer however, which would swing it for me... wink

Beer quality is definitely something to consider Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I found one here in Holland called Norbert Maier, an Austrian guys that is more than 20 years in the business... looks good.
https://www.norbertmaiersport.nl/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@AndreSilva, that might be a good localish call.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So, I went for Norbert Maier and everything was ok, they really gave the impression that they knew what they were doing.
After a talk and measurement, I had 2 options:
- Fischer Ranger One 130
- Atomic Hawx Magna 130 S

I liked the Fischer better, the Atomic felt a bit too soft compared with it, also the Fischer have the walk mode and gave the feeling of being a more modern product, so I bought the Fischer.

I guess I have a few problems with my pair after the fitting, check this thread, but I'm sure they will fix it or replace my pair, they said I could go back anytime for a replacement if needed.

Do you guys think it was a good choice?

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy