Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is time for new ski boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys Smile

I bought my first boot around a year ago, as I was a beginner I got the Nordica Cruise 80 and it was fitted for me.
I like the boot and doesn't hurt my feet, but I always had the feeling that it was a bit big for me, especially when I am "walking" with the skis on I can feel my feet wriggling a bit, even when the boot if firmly locked.

Few weeks ago I got a new insole for it and the guy told me that I should be wearing a 28.5 instead of a 29 Shocked

My ski skills improved a lot in the past year, I came from 0 to going down red slopes with confidence, short turns and kind of carving and a few blacks sometimes Little Angel

Every now and then when I'm skiing I feel that a smaller boot would be better...
I guess maybe this was a mistake from the bootfitter, besides the size I am a big guy(1.78m but always between 95kg and 100kg), so maybe the flex is too soft now that I am starting to ski more agressive?

Question is: I can ski with my current boots, it's not bad at all, but if I replace it with a 120 flex for example, half size down, do you guys think I will have any improvement in my technique Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMO. There is a strong likelihood that it will help with further improvement......and may well help immediately, giving you greater control.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Find a good bootfitter and replace them what they suggest for you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
100kg in an 80 flex boot does sound a bit soft.

With hindisght you might have waited until your 2nd or 3rd season before buying you own boots. I think a change is in order if you have the £££
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy