Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jasmin Taylor Breaks British record For World Cup Ski Medals.

Poster: A snowHead
She is now officially the most successful British skier of all time. The telemarker has more World Cup podiums than any GB skier has achieved. And now 30 World Cup podiums.

https://www.planetski.eu/2020/01/26/jasmin-taylor-breaks-british-record-for-world-cup-ski-medals/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@colinstone, brilliant achievement by Jaz! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very impressive! Well done that girl.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And at PLV just after the GB Championships. Well done Jaz.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A reminder of last year's Ski Sunday report on Telemark racing and Jaz showing Graham Bell what's involved, he looked shattered at the end of the course Laughing
http://youtube.com/v/NUePd90-9_Y
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alastair Pink, Was that a snowHead sticker on the tip of her ski she was holding during the interview?

Must give tele a go one day.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AL9000 wrote:
@Alastair Pink,

Must give tele a go one day.

Yes - do so. And you can't go to a better event than the Army organised Telemark Training and GB Championships. Back in Pralognan la Vanoise next year, Jan 9-21 (and for 2 years after that). Prices still held at £900 for full board, lift pass, instruction and racing. Travel extra. You also won't find a higher standard group of French and English telemark instructors any where, so the very best instruction is guaranteed. See post "Telemarkers and Those Who Would like to Give It A Go - Brilliant Event Jan 2020" - here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148476&view=next
Signing up will open much earlier this year - in spring.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@colinstone, Tempting. Army lads are always up for a good laugh. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it is excellent. also Royal Navy / Royal Marines, and civvies.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ed123 wrote:
.. also Royal Navy...

Ah well, you can't have everything Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My interview with the super-successful and very modest Jasmin Taylor is now available as a podcast
https://audioboom.com/posts/7694622-a-ski-podcast-special-jasmin-taylor-team-gb-telemark-skier
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jasmin Taylor got 2nd place in yesterday's Telemark World Cup Classic event in Oberjoch Germany. Well done Jaz! Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jasmin Taylor added to her tally of World Cup podium positions today by winning the Sprint event in Les Houches, another great result from Jaz!

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, does this get televised at all? Would be nice to see it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ster, sometimes the races are streamed live on the internet, but I don't think they have been this season, perhaps the coverage providers were impacted by the pandemic?
snow report
Following her win yesterday Jaz got another World Cup podium position today, coming 2nd! Very Happy
snow report
Well done Jaz. 3 more races in Muerren this week. I'll be there.
snow conditions
ster wrote:

This morning's World Cup sprint race in Mürren is being livestreamed here: https://embed.upstream-cloud.ch/live/6227bf48f12cf738a131685a
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
ster wrote:

This morning's World Cup sprint race in Mürren is being livestreamed here: https://embed.upstream-cloud.ch/live/6227bf48f12cf738a131685a

Edit: I think the race itself starts with Run 1 at 09:00 and Run 2 at 11:00 (GMT times)
snow report
0830 GMT. And both World Cup and Junior WC. So 4 runs. Good day yesterday with Silver for Jaz in Classic. Tim Gough had a seriously impressive/scary jump.
And some great telemarking with the team.
latest report
@Alastair Pink, @colinstone, thanks for the heads up, I might be able to catch some!
ski holidays
Brilliant racing today for the Sprint. Makes Alpine GS look pedestrian and same old. Another Silver for Jaz.
snow conditions
@colinstone, yes another good result for Jaz. And local Swiss skier Martina Wyss (her family own a jewelers shop in Lauterbrunnen and her father Peter is an instructor with Wengen ski school so she was racing on her home ground so to speak) won both yesterday's and today's races, which together with her previous World Cup podium positions and wins gives her the World Cup crystal globe. Congratulations to Martina! Cool
snow conditions
Yup. We know Martina and the family shop well - Mrs S has taken a liking to Mondaine horology and they always have a chat about Martina vs Jaz.
ski holidays
@colinstone, Smile
latest report
Today in Mürren the Parallel Sprint races will be live streamed.
First is the Junior World Championships, then the Final Parallel Sprint World Cup of the season and then the final Team Parallel Sprint World Cup
Link to the live stream:
https://telemark-muerren.ch/de/Infos/Livestream
latest report
Wow! In an incredibly close final Jasmin was behind Swiss skier Beatrice Zimmerman going into the loom, but managed to pull into the lead on the final section! Great win Jaz! Cool
latest report
Missed that this morning Sad I hope they will put a recording up somewhere.

I see the telemark parallel slalom is a mix of traditional parallel slalom and ski cross with some opportunities for actual contact. More Brits than just Jaz racing as well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
Missed that this morning Sad I hope they will put a recording up somewhere.

Here you go, today's World Cup Parallel Sprint event. The women's final which Jaz won starts about 1:04 into the broadcast. :
http://youtube.com/v/PtNERLlJLB8
latest report
@Alastair Pink, thanks. I thought you must have sent the wrong clip when she was that far down after than banked turn, I dont know how she won it from there.

Who are the two chaps in the booth fronting the whole thing?
snow report
ster wrote:
@Alastair Pink, thanks. I thought you must have sent the wrong clip when she was that far down after than banked turn, I dont know how she won it from there.

Yes, Jaz never gave up, she is quite small but a real powerhouse in the final skating section!

ster wrote:

Who are the two chaps in the booth fronting the whole thing?

They are both friends of mine, Norwegian Per Ståle Grude who often Telemark skis with a traditional lurk (a single long pole which was the traditional way of skiing) and he does a lot to promote Telemark skiing, here's a photo of his van:

and the other is Richard Schürf from Germany who organises the Freeheeler event at Hintertux and publishes Freeheeler magazine: https://freeheeler.eu/

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 13-03-22 3:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Jaz is a complete star.
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, And a great event in mid June at Fonna Glacier, inland of Bergen. 23-27 June 2022, camping, skiing and skin up glacier for sunset at about 2330.
The Fonna team are currently digging out the lift from under 10m of snow.
https://www.facebook.com/FONNATelemarkCamp2022/
latest report
You can listen to my interview with Jasmin (from Oct 2020) here
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/jasmin-taylor-team-gb-telemark-skier/

If all goes well, she'll be joining me again on the podcast for Episode 93 (about a month's time)
snow report
Applause for all that Jaz has achieved. Truly a star ahead of Dave Ryding. Tele doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Ponder for a moment the achievement of Martina Wyss (Lauterbrunnen) she swept the board at World Cup winning Sprint, Parallel Slalom, Classic and oddly overall. The crystal globes stand proudly in mum and grandmums shop.
If I possessed the IT skills I would share the picture. Martina only switched to Tele 4/5 years ago and won Swiss championship in her first season.......truly extraordinary achievement
latest report
https://www.inthesnow.com/gb-telemark-team-finishes-world-cup-season-in-5th-place-with-jasmin-taylor-rising-to-world-number-two/
ski holidays
She's a real inspiration. My lad started telemarking about a year ago. Only at Chill factor but he really enjoys it and doesn't half look up to Jaz
latest report
@lpsmc1, Bring him to Telemark Titan France Jan 2023. A little age dependent but early teen should be OK.
He'll get the opportunity meet and even ski with her.??
latest report
@lpsmc1, Colin is serious.

A few years ago I started chatting to a bloke in tele boots at the mid station in Argentiere (I also tele). He was Seb Mansart- the GB coach, I mentioned that my son also tele'd and that we followed Jaz. A few minutes later Ben was having a ski with Jaz, a few minutes after that they suggested he think about going to some of the GB training camps.
snow conditions
Unfortunately I am tied to school holidays so getting him out in January just isn't an option. Shame though as he would love it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy