Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaujanay and Alpes D Heuz links

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Low intermediate skier - used to be able to do all reds, but now nervous

Have been looking at vaujanay as have found a really suitable apt, but worried about how tortuous is it to get back from Alpes D Huez if you arent happy with blacks/steep reds?

and can you get to Alpe D Huez on easy reds? or blues?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Back from ADH you could take the Poutran 2 down to mid station towards OZ - there after its blues back to Villette (noting no piste goes to Vajauny village itself) - it was quite easy (in terms of faff) and you can have a good look at the red that way too.

Going to ADH you have to do at least a bit of red via Domes de Rousse (wide short and high so good snow but fairly steep for a short bit I recall) or Oz (narrower, longer but less steep but sometimes poor snow). The area above Vajauny is excellent for blue runs on usually good snow - so plenty of opportunity to practice before venturing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks

is there a similar issue getting to ADH - ie you need to do reds

In general would you say there were a lot of cruising pistes in ADH/Vajauney or would we bet better driving a bit further to somewhere like Les Arcs?

Long cruisy blues/easy reds is really what I am looking for and not sure ADH is that?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can do several it several ways involving either not skiing at all or using different combinations of lifts and blue runs only if that's what you want.

From Vaujany up :-

Small bubbles to Montfrais, chairlift on right, blue down to slow (clos giraud) chairlift up to cable car mid station, alpette bubble down to OZ, poutran bubble up to Alpe d'Huez. You can break this journey at each point by circling the chairlifts in Montfrais, (including Clos Giraud), getting off the poutran halfway and descending back to OZ
Or you can go big cable from Vaujany to mid station and continue as above, or drop right back down to Montrais and then do the chairlifts as above. Be aware the run down to Villette, the small bubbles midstation, has one steep bit that can be icy, has no chicken run and is flat for a long way after so you need a bit of speed Laughing

From Alpe d'Huez :-

Poutran piste (there is a blue chicken run on the left of this but the whole area can be icy in the mornings especially), down to the little drag lift halfway down and take that, you can then either get the remainder of the poutran lift down to OZ or ski down. Take alpette up to cable car midstation etc. Be aware that the 2 lifts in OZ are separated vertically and horizontally so you need to ski to the right one or walk up through the village, which has some nice coffee stops anyway Smile
I would not worry about your choice, personally I would stay in Alpe d'Huez, but I would say that.....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry to hikack the post here guys.

We’re a group of 4 heading to ADH next Sunday 23rd Feb and on the lookout for a private instructor to help refine our intermediate skills.

Unfortunately we’ve left it a bit late in the day and wondering whether an SH members could point us in the right direction? 2-4 hour lesson should do it.

@skitow, you seem to know the area pretty well - could you recommend anyone?

Appreciate any ideas / referrals you can send our way Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidbevan10, I think your best bet at such a late stage would be to try ESF.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I would probably say the same, just contact the 2 listed o the website ESF and Easyski which, I think, used to be ESI (Ecole de Ski International). I used both for my kids and there was good and bad in both of them, my experience is of 10+ years ago though. There was also Stance Snow but I can't find any trace of them now, and British Masterclass but they are normally pretty heavily booked I think. You could try the ESF in the satellite resorts, ie OZ, Vaujany, Villard, Auris and you might get an afternoon with one of them that is then easy to get to and from skiing / on the lifts. Interested to see how you get on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidbevan10, I can highly recommend Masterclass after my 1-2-1 with Mel last Wednesday morning.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimummk wrote:
Low intermediate skier - used to be able to do all reds, but now nervous

Have been looking at vaujanay as have found a really suitable apt, but worried about how tortuous is it to get back from Alpes D Huez if you arent happy with blacks/steep reds?

and can you get to Alpe D Huez on easy reds? or blues?

We have a place in Oz.

To be honest getting to and from Vaujany is a faff - especially if you are a nervous intermediate. You would better off staying in ADH just below that range of green runs above the village; or In Oz Station, from which you can easily access the ADH side (and its gentle runs) via the Poutran lift; and also access the Vaujany (and the gentle run down to Montfrais) side via the Alpette lift.

If you are wedded to Vaujany you can make it work but I would never advise a nervous intermediate to stay there (at least if they wished to access the rest of the resort).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks jonty... in the end we decided to go to Valmeiner - seems to be a lot more blues and easy reds
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy