Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where has Free lift passes for over 70s?

Poster: A snowHead
This season my parents are coming with us skiing, I know mum is saying may be last time but thinking if I find somewhere next season with free lift passes for over 70s it could help tempt them as they will feel that it doesn’t matter if they only do a few hours Happy

Sadly where I picked this year (was focusing on affordable half term as primary search criteria), they only get discounted (and sadly not by much) as free lift pass is over 74.

Can anybody left me know if areas they know have this offer?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here in Alpe d'Huez a day pass is €18 for 72+.
I think in L2A it's free.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andorra Grand Valira has free lift passes for the over 70's and reduced rate from 65.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alpinebear, thanks.

To confirm my mum is 70 this season, so 71 next, my Dad is a bit older but he is more keen to continue Happy

Thanks @pieman666, looking into that area now in terms of transfer times, ski area etc as not one I have looked at before.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David was free in Ste Foy at Christmas as 74 and over there. At 70 I was just senior.
I will check with him later and report back as he has done quite a survey. We are both just seniors on our Super Ski season passes in Austria. I do believe these concessions are getting harder to find as more of us are getting older and still skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pamski, thank you!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, my parents are 81 and have been going to Soldeu since before they were 70. They go in early march as the weather is generally very good with plenty of sun. The transfers from Toulouse are some three hours including a stop.
There are 210km of piste with around 70% covered by snow canon. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had had no snow since before Christmas but the slopes were in good condition. Since I left they have had 100cm of snow. It isn't the most gnarly of areas but there is a variety of skiing and a couple of world cup runs as well as one of the prettiest blue runs in Europe (Rossinyol)
I'd recommend Soldeu as the village to stay in as it's got easily accessable shops etc but is fairly quiet. El Tartar is only really hotels with limited shopping and Pas due la Casa is more of a party place.
There are ski lockers at the gondola station that are €13 a day of your accommodation is a little further out, but most hotels run a shuttle bus to the station and some include lockers there as well.
Good luck finding somewhere suitable
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
this year the donkey finally caught up with the carrot. Free season pass at 75.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpinebear wrote:
Here in Alpe d'Huez a day pass is €18 for 72+.
I think in L2A it's free.

At Les Deux Alpes the magic number is indeed 72. Friendly resort. Good skiing - though it can be a little crowded skiing home, with some reckless skiers, unless you take the lift.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pieman666 wrote:
Andorra Grand Valira has free lift passes for the over 70's and reduced rate from 65.

Spent a week there in January for the first time. Really pleasantly surprised. Good lift infrastructure. Lots of big cruisy pistes (blue, red and black). Opportunity to eat very cheaply on the mountain. We didn't use it, but the ski school has a great reputation and what we saw on the slopes looked very good.
We stayed in Soldeu. I'd not want to stay in Pas de la Casa as it's right at one end of the ski area and is a party town.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Baqueira Beret in Spain age70 and over is 5 euros
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Paradiski: 0ver 64 to 74 pay Junior rates

SENIOR 75 YEARS OVER
skipass (to 1 day from 15 days) or pedestrian pass: €10
Season pass: €50 upon presentation of valid proof of ID when purchasing.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have been looking at Slovenia recently and over 70's do not get any special discount, although from 60 you appear to be entitled to "youth" rates, about 20% reduction on adult.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Espace Killey free for over 75s
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pieman666, thanks, the main challenge for there seems to be length of transfer. I am struggling to find flights to an airport to get with the 2hr transfer we aim for. 2.5hrs being a max normally.

My Dad is the particularly fussy one there! Although I have a definite preference for the same.
snow report
Over 75s are free in Grand Massif.
snow conditions
I can understand that @NickyJ, transfers always seem such a waste of time. Travel time from Toulouse airport by car is a little over 2 hours according to Google although I have never tried going like that using a rental car.
ski holidays
The only place we have found where we both get free passes at ages 71 and 73 is Andorra. Most places over 75 is the age. We were in Andorra a couple of weeks ago but would not rush back as we found the runs too short and uplift too slow. We will therefore pay for the bigger resorts as there is no point in getting a free week if you get bored after a few days like we did.
snow conditions
Grand Tourmalet is free for over 70's la Mongie/Barreges.
ski holidays
@mogulski, which bit of Andorra were you in?
snow conditions
@NickyJ, Les Gets was 75 free. David says he has read that Spain is free over 70.
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, We were based in El Tartar but skied right across Grandvalira every day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy