Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellmau ski school help !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I’m usually very decisive over this, but am finding it tricky due to teenage son. We’re going to Ellmau for Scottish half term. Want to book lessons as our son 13 is a high standard intermediate and too good to ski with us. We’re going with crystal but they use the cheaper less recommended ski school ( although it’s not cheap to book and hire through them). There is a better sounding school but possibly less English speakers and teens - ideally our son would be in a class of like minded people.

Anyone been to Ellmau and indeed used the Crystal ski school that can help advise ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Ellmau last year. I don't know which school Crystal uses, but we used this one: https://www.topskischule.com/

I know that instructors can vary from year to year, but the instructors my two children had were absolutely brilliant. Really great with the kids, and they both made loads of progress. My youngest still talks about his instructor a year later!

When I booked the lessons, I researched the schools and Top seemed to get better reviews. In fact I met the owner of the other ski school (Skischule Ellmau-Hartkaiser) when we first arrived, and he seemed to be trying to drum up business. As we didn't use them, I can't really comment, but I did see one instructor get annoyed with some beginners and her lack of patience made me think we made the right choice!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi thanks for replying
Crystal use the Hartkaiser school- but I was thinking that they might get better English speaking instructors for the Crystal lessons.
Top ski school certainly does get better reviews though, argh just so indecisive. Son is 13 so I think having the right company in his class will be important to him.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rookiemater wrote:
Hi thanks for replying
Crystal use the Hartkaiser school- but I was thinking that they might get better English speaking instructors for the Crystal lessons.
Top ski school certainly does get better reviews though, argh just so indecisive. Son is 13 so I think having the right company in his class will be important to him.

I doubt Crystal get special privileges.....but they may have chosen that Ski School due to having a decent amount of English Speakers. If this wasn't the case, Crystal would be getting many complaints, which isn't good for their business.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rookiemater, I doubt very much that English will be an issue. Practically everyone who has finished school in Austria will speak reasonable English. Also Skiwelt is very popular with Dutch folk, they will almost certainly be the largest group of visitors and lessons for them will be in English (unless there are specific lessons organised by Dutch TOs). I would book whichever ski school takes your fancy. There will be no issue if you email all of them to ask what they offer they will answer in English.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy