Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for a rugged park ski for a 15yr old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Living in the northeast, we have a short ski season. We are looking for a park ski that will last at least a year. Our 15yr old already split the front tips of 2 sets of park skis THIS YEAR. He got so good so quick that he is all over the place. Jumping, rails whatever is in the park. Initial set of kids Volkl (soft core lasted 8-10 trips to the mountain (wachusett) now Solomon loaners from the Volkl store have split in the front tips as well (they are replacing the Volkls under warranty) (I guess we need to fix the Solomons or pay for them).

Anyway, we're looking for a better build park ski that will last a season. OR am I being naive that any thing or any ski will hold up to the pounding of what these kids to in the parks these days? He wants to now get Armada something or other. I search on them and they seem rugged but are $800. Are these the best? Will they last?

Any help! Thanks skiers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was imagining him grinding the stairs at the Sage or perhaps hucking off the Boot. But NE US you mean.

At 15 why is he on kids skis? And $800 for jib skis - he'd better have a good paper round. $200 for whatever he can score from the local thrift/ consignment store would be my advice. And a pack of epoxy for when he starts delamming them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All the kids in Verbier are on Faction Candide 2.0’s https://factionskis.com/collections/candide-thovex-signature-series/products/candide-thovex-ct-2-0-1920?variant=18132741488691

Looks like last years model discounted if he happens to be a 158 length...
https://factionskis.com/products/ct-2-0-1819?variant=12423157809264

Here for 178/188
https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/faction/ct-2-0-candide.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's no such thing as a rugged park ski - they all get wrecked - it's just a matter of when - and kids treat them like poo-poo.

Only way to increase their longevity is for him to buy them himself - it's amazing the difference it will suddenly make!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm.....up to a point Lord Copper - wider edges on some, carbon stringers in others.

Old Salomon Mai Tais and Suspects were excellent
2019 Line Tom Wallisch in 148 for my 14 year old - excellent
Pairs of Kastle twintips on ebay for 45.00 last year have been great
Volkl park skis (Pearls were excellent) tend to be tougher than most
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for your replies. Well to answer Dave, they were sold to us that these Volkl skis will last you 2 years easy!! We were new this stuff and it sounded legit so we bought them. The Solomon's are a solid core and much heavier. As a loaner we thought they'd last more than a couple trips to the park.

Fully agree Spyder, he is going to pay for them. He wants the Armada AVR 116. I think it is an old model but his friends have them.

We will check out the other suggestions. Thank you again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy