Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Envers this afternoon...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well after a shaky start - an anticipated 11.30 departure up the Aiguille du Midi ourn new best friends who happens to be a guide found some "old" AdM lift cards that got us elevated around 9.45. Leaving just enough time to get our roofer's bank details and complete the initiation of phase 1 of the property development.

Roped up for the Arete - which was fine anyway - and a lovely first few pitches. Totally clear sky, amazing snowbase and it only started getting heavy once we were just about above the Refuge Piquin.

Had rented some dreadful skis though, 1 pair pocket rockets and 1 pair Scream somethings. Ugh.

Neither Soph nor I liked either of them, and given that we were ostenibly in exactly the conditions that they're "designed" for, that's not a good thing really.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch,
Quote:

Had rented some dreadful skis though, 1 pair pocket rockets and 1 pair Scream somethings. Ugh.

I'm glad you had a really good day. You can dump the Sallies in Saxabar's "Mild Max 1 thread on here wink

Salomons! What were you thinking of Shocked Laughing You do know better wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny, not our choice and better than our normal race skis off piste!! The skis were truly dreadful IMHO so there we go. You live and learn.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, Sounds to me like you need a contact in or around the Aiguille du Midi, who could loan you a pair or two of test skis for the day Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, mate, you are so right. We were somewhat time constrained (or thought we were going to be...!!) and so Agent Clark picked up what he could where he could. Next time...

BTW when do you close for the season? (If you do?) I would like a bit of a boot chat based around re-building my Tecnicas and possibly, possibly, possibly thinking about Endorphins for next season...

Do you sell bikes? Summer is only around the corner after all...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, Open all year except October. Endorphine is awsome, no more consideration needed.
Bikes, i wish. Little Angel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, next weekend maybe? Will PM you... Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DM,

Bad call on the skis.... and in Chamonix of all places.... but then you don't need telling again.... Laughing

But how was Grand Envers and did you like the gullies at the bottom past the hut...?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy