Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me to improve

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,
I thought it would be nice if I’ll upload some video of mine, and I will appreciate if you would tell me what I can improve and how. This is my 6th week of ski after I haven’t ski for 2 years. I really want to improve my technique so I’m with a private instructor as well, but there are many good skiers here so I’ll greatly appreciate to hear your voice.

http://youtube.com/v/lGXibUXQQv8

http://youtube.com/v/uK7B1Iz7vVA

http://youtube.com/v/-l5oFAq7Glw
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @beny992, FWIW. Here my thoughts as a non professional.

Long Turns

I think you now need to learn to drive the ski and be more dynamic. This can be improved by:

1. Early weight transfer to uphill ski
2. Drive forward and across, to get the tips to bite
3. Allow edge angle to gradually increase and avoid pushing the skis sideways into a skid

Short Turns

1. Your upper body should be facing consistantly downhill, rather than having your shoulders follow the skis
2. You are starting the turns with a little stem

You could do worse than looking at Darren Turner's videos on Youtube

In general, I think you need to practice Foot to Foot skiing/early weight transfer; working the ankle flex more; finishing your turns; driving the body forward and across in Long Turns; focus on rhythm, with a quiet upper body that faces d/hill in Short Turns.

Drills might include Lifting the tail of the D/Hill ski before turning and....

The Javelin Turn.

http://youtube.com/v/AqY3njpOnmw
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get your instructor to show you the exercise of holding your poles upright and facing down the hill...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bodeswell wrote:
Get your instructor to show you the exercise of holding your poles upright and facing down the hill...

Actually I know that, and did some drills, but this current instructor told me that I shouldn’t be downhill, I need to be where the skis are pointing to.. so I’m really cunfused..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Old Fartbag wrote:

Long Turns

I think you now need to learn to drive the ski and be more dynamic. This can be improved by:

3. Allow edge angle to gradually increase and avoid pushing the skis sideways into a skid

Short Turns

1. Your upper body should be facing consistantly downhill, rather than having your shoulders follow the skis yeah I know that, I’m a bit confused because every instructor tells me something else..
2. You are starting the turns with a little stem what do you mean?

You could do worse than looking at Darren Turner's videos on Youtube what Puzzled

In general, I think you need to practice Foot to Foot skiing/early weight transfer; working the ankle flex more; when should I flex more? finishing your turns what do you mean by that?; driving the body forward and across in Long Turns; focus on rhythm, with a quiet upper body that faces d/hill in Short Turns.

The Javelin Turn.

Wow, that you so much, I really appreciate it and it’s so helpful for me!! Please see my comment above in bold.
Thanks again
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@beny992, Where are you learning if you don't mind me asking? That's all a bit odd, I'd be confused as well. I doubt such basic drills have changed that much. Find another instructor.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beny992 wrote:
Bodeswell wrote:

Actually I know that, and did some drills, but this current instructor told me that I shouldn’t be downhill, I need to be where the skis are pointing to.. so I’m really cunfused..

In Long turns, you do let your upper body follow the skis (but still have hips facing towards the outside of the turn (this is what the Javelin Manoeuvre does). It is often referred to as being Stacked.

In Short Turns, there isn't time for the shoulders to swing about with the turns (which would throw you out of balance) - So the shoulders remain facing d/hill, while the skis turn under a quiet upper body....this gives body separation.....and like a twisted piece of rubber that wants to spring back into shape - the built up tension within the body, helps with the turning of the skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@beny992, listen to your instructor and practice what he or she tells you to do... Why confuse matters by seeking random advice online?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beny992 wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Long Turns

Short Turns

1. Your upper body should be facing consistantly downhill, rather than having your shoulders follow the skis yeah I know that, I’m a bit confused because every instructor tells me something else..

You could do worse than looking at Darren Turner's videos on Youtube what Puzzled

In general, I think you need to practice Foot to Foot skiing/early weight transfer; working the ankle flex more; when should I flex more? finishing your turns what do you mean by that?; driving the body forward and across in Long Turns; focus on rhythm, with a quiet upper body that faces d/hill in Short Turns.

The Javelin Turn.

Wow, that you so much, I really appreciate it and it’s so helpful for me!! Please see my comment above in bold.
Thanks again

Ok what is means by Stem?: is that you are starting a lot of your turns by turning you outside ski in first essentially creating a small Snowplough at the start of each turn rather than keeping the skis parallel trough.

What is meant by finishing your turns?: it refers to the bottom part of your turn once your skis have gone through the fall line and and you are starting to get them to point where you want to go. At this point a lot of skiers will stop tuning their feet, the result is that as you ski down a pitch you ether get faster and faster or you use excess skidding in your turn to control speed. So when someone's talking about finishing your turn they mean you need to continue to steer your feet/skis through that last part of the turn and use turning your skis to control your speed rather than skidding. Sometime on steep slopes that finishing the turn will get you pointing your skis slightly up hill to control that speed. Ideal you want your turn hope to look like a S rather than a Z.

When should you flex? I am not sure flex is the right term vertical movement would be better, and the answer is that in general you need more vertical movement when you ski. So essentially you want to be moving vertical all the time. Let me explain by describing a turn. Skis pointing down the hill my legs would be fully extended, as i start to turn my skis through the fall line i start to bend equally in my ankles, knees and hips so essentially i am getting lower, this helps me continue to steer my feet and help the edges get lots of grip, Thing pushing down and twisting on medicine bottle cap. As i finish my turn i am bent in my ankles, knees and hips, i start my next turn by slowly starting to extend my legs and steering my feet until my skis are once again down the fall line with all my joints extended (standing tall.)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
@beny992, listen to your instructor and practice what he or she tells you to do... Why confuse matters by seeking random advice online?

Ordinarilly I would totally agree with you, however the OP has said he's taking private lessons but:

Is being given confusing messages about upper body positioning
doesn't know what a stem turn is
doesn't know what finishing a turn is
doesn't know what ankle flex is
every instructor tells him something else..

I'd say either something is being lost in translation (very likely), his instructors are all hopeless (unlikely), or he's a top troll.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beny992 wrote:

Short Turns

Thanks again

Darren Turner Videos: http://youtube.com/user/elatemedia

Body Position in short turns:

http://youtube.com/v/l5gnnZXoDK0&t=73s

Controlling speed through turn shape explained here:

http://youtube.com/v/RVk80rwXB6E&list=PL9914042312A8F911&index=5

Skiing "Stacked"....and why it doesn't work in Short Turns

http://youtube.com/v/DxONSTiIB88
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Old Fartbag wrote:

That isn't what he says, just that the particular drill in the video shouldn't be used for short turns.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@beny992, Got to loosen up a bit. Bend ze ankles n get on those edges.

Copy this...

http://youtube.com/v/wNbEp1SRVag

Relax! Don't think; just ski snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also, work on one thing at a time. Don’t try to correct all weaknesses together. I can see some vertical movement in the videos, but not enough.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow guys thank you so much! I’ve read any comment and I will try to apply that.

About my instructor and why I’m so confused:
So as I said this is my 6th week of skiing, and haven’t skiing for 2 years after an accident (not related to ski). Most of your tips were given to me by previous instructors (vertical movement, Javelin turn, finishing my turn) but because I haven’t skiing for 2 years I’ve forgot some things, that’s why I’m with an instructor now. He is a British one from a British school, it was quite expensive but I wanted to be sure that he will good and help me to remember and improve my technique. But actually what is happening is that he makes me confused. For example - he told me that I don’t need the vertical movement because that’s just what beginner does. He told me that my shoulders don’t need to be always to the downhill, he told me that when I want to control my speed and slow down I have to skid and not bend the knees abd flex the ankle.. that’s why I’ve posted the videos and seek for help..
Thanks you so much again guys, your are really helpful Smile
latest report
@beny992, sounds to me like you're getting good advice from a BASI instructor. It can all be a bit confusing. Maybe use the time on lifts to have a good chat with him about what's confusing you.
ski holidays
The Darren Turner vids are excellent bite sized clips - I suggest you watch through them all (even the advanced ones) and try a couple of the exercises next time you are on the slopes.

Intermediate - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA893DD2FE6198306
Advanced - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD933EFB0EA5BFFAB
Expert - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOOXcYMYNAJ0Zia2y3JE5ojuWloI4VncR
ski holidays
beny992 wrote:

So as I said this is my 6th week of skiing, and haven’t skiing for 2 years after an accident (not related to ski). Most of your tips were given to me by previous instructors (vertical movement, Javelin turn, finishing my turn) but because I haven’t skiing for 2 years I’ve forgot some things, that’s why I’m with an instructor now. He is a British one from a British school, it was quite expensive but I wanted to be sure that he will good and help me to remember and improve my technique. But actually what is happening is that he makes me confused. For example - he told me that I don’t need the vertical movement because that’s just what beginner does. He told me that my shoulders don’t need to be always to the downhill, he told me that when I want to control my speed and slow down I have to skid and not bend the knees abd flex the ankle.. that’s why I’ve posted the videos and seek for help..

There can be slightly different approaches from different systems - and what you are are asked to do, depends on what stage you are at. There are multiple ways of turning and controlling speed - and the best way to navigate the confusion is put yourself in the hands of a good instructor - and my preference is the BASI system.

For example, you can turn by twisting the ski; pressing on the ski; or rolling the ski onto its edge and then riding it (and you can even mix and match through the same turn). You can control your speed through skidding, or holding onto your turn longer. You can change edges by up-unweighting (more old school), or soften your legs and rolling onto the new edges (so no upward movement).

The more expert you get, the better you are able to match turn size and type, to the conditions you are skiing in - from the toolbox of knowledge you have accumulated. Knowing which turn to use and when to use it comes from experience and good tuition.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 23-01-20 12:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@beny992, It's really important that you and your instructor communicate well and you ask questions to make sure you understand what he's telling you and in which circumstances they apply. For example you do some things for short turns, others for long turns.

In terms of being more dynamic and vertical movements, it's probably correct to say that standing up at the start of the turn is more a beginner thing but that doesn't mean there's no longer any vertical movement. Take a look at this BASI level 4 Long Turns video posted elsewhere to get a idea of what more dynamic skiing looks like.

http://youtube.com/v/aok5rioeF3c&feature=emb_logo

Don't try and ski like that though as until you're a better skier you'd be forcing the movement which would be wrong. Let your instructor develop your skiing from where you are now but you have to make sure you understand each other and communicate well.
latest report
rjs wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

That isn't what he says, just that the particular drill in the video shouldn't be used for short turns.

My reading of it is, that allowing the upper body to follow the skis, whether in the drill or not (as he talks about it after getting your poles back), should not be used in short turns as "You'll be swinging all over the place".

Anyway, it's academic, as you simply can't do effective short turns, either on Piste or particularly in Moguls, if the upper body is following the the skis.
snow conditions
olderscot wrote:
@beny992, It's really important that you and your instructor communicate well and you ask questions to make sure you understand what he's telling you and in which circumstances they apply. For example you do some things for short turns, others for long turns.

This.

As others have said, there's a lot of different possible techniques (or sub techniques of the basics, perhaps). It can get very confusing if you're being told too much all at once. (You have my sympathies on that one, by the way.)
So, first thing now is to say to your instructor: "Whoa! Stop please. I'm confused. Too much!!! One thing at a time. Can you take this back a step, please. You've told me this, yet you've told me that... (etc). Why shouldn't I...? Why are you telling me to...?" And so on.
A good instructor should adapt themselves to your learning style and ability and speed to take in and process (understand) things and put them into practice.
I don't know how each lesson /day goes, but perhaps it might be possible to concentrate only on one style of skiing /terrain / turns until you really feel that you've got it, and only then move onto another - then you might understand what the differences are that he's presumably trying to show you. (There are other ways, of course.)
I also find that getting someone to take it right back to basics helps; understanding their terminology (and it constantly changing certainly doesn't help!) and how they explain the very basics of making skis move and you staying upright and in control upon them. Then you have a good platform to understand the variants from. This, from the right instructor, certainly helped my technical understanding (if not yet my own perception of my skiing competency) a great deal.
snow report
That's reasonably firm snow and you're not getting much grip, almost entirely because you rush the beginning of the turn by pushing the ski sideways. That makes it impossible for the ski's edges to find any grip. Your focus should be on improving your ability to setup each turn more effectively, then developing your skills in controlling the shape and size of the turn (there is, for example, no significant difference between your longs and your shorts). Other things, like rotary separation (which way your shoulders face), have to be built on solid core skills, so I'd suggest not rushing this phase of your development. When you are working on changing your movement patterns and developing theses skills I suggest you do it on a blue piste rather than a red piste. If your instructor doesn't focus on what you are doing at the beginning of your turns you might want to consider finding someone else to work with (but I'd be staggered if they didn't focus on the setup phase).

Good work for Week 6.
latest report
@beny992, One of the things I have found helpful over the years, is understanding why a ski is designed as it is (particularly in the case of a Piste Ski) and how to tap into that design to help you turn....and this also ties into ankle flex.

The Tip of the ski is the widest point and has 2 effects - both are triggered by ankle flex.

1. On a Short Swing type turn, the tip digs in more, allowing the tails of the ski to pivot round it, through a twisting action of the legs, (a bit like a windscreen wiper, that pivots round a fixed point). The action needed to pressure the tip, comes from ankle flex. The more you flex the ankles, the tighter the turn will be.

2. On a more carvy type turn, getting the tip to "bite" at the start of the turn, pulls you into the turn. Again, this is done through ankle flex - and the easiest way to do this, is pulling the feet back.

The Sidecut of the ski is what determines the turn radius you can achieve....so when the ski is tipped on edge, and pressurised, it will bend in an arc, allowing you to turn. The more edge and/or the more pressure you use, the tighter the arc.

The Camber of the ski is like a mini trampoline, that can add extra oomph to your turn and make it easier. This is activated by getting forward and across in Long Turns, which pushes the ski into reverse camber, which then helps ping you into the next turn. This trampoline effect can also be used Off Piste, by bouncing down, causing the trampoline effect to throw you up, allowing you to change edges

The Torsional Stiffness of the ski can also help to ping you into the next turn. By doing what is called a J-Turn, which is just holding onto the turn longer, by driving the tips uphill - you are twisting the body of the ski, the untwisting of which can be used to add power to the turn.

In conclusion

I am only introducing these concepts as food for thought (not to confuse the hell out of you), in case it helps with understanding the movements you are being taught....and possibly discuss with your instructor. If it doesn't help, just ignore.

As has correctly been said above, you don't want to go onto the hill with more than one thing to work on.....so no rushing out, madly trying to incorporate these ideas into your skiing (many of which are fairly advanced).

I am not an Instructor, so if I've been misleading, I'm happy to be pulled up on it....I'm also not as good a skier as I'd like to be....so am working on these ideas myself.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 23-01-20 16:22; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
rjs wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

My reading of it is, ...

My point is that you are not helping the OP by putting your own interpretation on things, they should ask their instructor if they don't understand something that they were told.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
rjs wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

My reading of it is, ...

My point is that you are not helping the OP by putting your own interpretation on things, they should ask their instructor if they don't understand something that they were told.

I am quite clear as to what he is saying - I will let others decide for themselves by watching the clip.
snow conditions
beny992 wrote:

All he has said sounds sensible in the right context. Which is why you should be reviewing your videos with him not a bunch of randoms on the internet. If you have to listen to anyone here I'd suggest rob@rar, he won't advise anything inappropriate and bonus is you could make him your UK instructor if you are within reach of Hemel.
ski holidays
Quote:

Good work for Week 6.

+1
ski holidays
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

Good work for Week 6.

+1

+2....As what you can do, often gets lost in the mix.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow! First thread I noticed in snowheads where posters argue endlessly about how to teach! Wink

I had to double check to be sure I’m not on the now defunct epickski!

To the OP:

My observation, the new instructor is trying to correct a bunch of prior misinformation. Now the previous misconception could have been accumulated as a beginner, so nothing too terrible about it. It just need to be updated now that you’re at a better level. So follow you instructor.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 25-01-20 21:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I know it’s a not the best video, will shoot a better one tomorrow, but do you think I made some improvement? What I didn’t do good here?

http://youtube.com/v/RA3uBXx_1pQ

Thank you so much guys, I have watched the videos and did some drills and I get your points and try to apply them so many thanks, really appreciate it!
ski holidays
@beny992, It's very hard to tell from that clip.....but if your shoulders are constantly pointing down hill, your weight is going from foot to foot, your skis are rolling onto the new edges at the same time and you are avoiding the slight stem - then things are going in the right direction.

Nb. A Pole plant can help with rhythm and timing....but should come from a cocking of the wrist and involve no arm movement.

Are you working with an Instructor?
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:
Are you working with an Instructor?

beny992 wrote:
I’m with a private instructor

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 25-01-20 22:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@beny992, Get off the Backseat. Unless you change this, zero progress from where you are.
Bend ze ankles.
snow conditions
abc wrote:
beny992 wrote:

Since, or just prior to when that most recent video was made and the input of this thread was being incorporated into the OP's skiing?...What I meant is "Are you still working with the Instructor".

The point I'm (poorly) attempting to make, is the implementation of any concepts/suggestions made on this thread, should really be overseen by a professional, as skiing can't really be effectively taught remotely, by "Randoms" on a forum.....They can however (imo), give feedback, food for thought, help with understanding and give ideas to discuss with an Instructor.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 26-01-20 0:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
AL9000 wrote:
@beny992, Get off the Backseat. Unless you change this, zero progress from where you are.
Bend ze ankles.

I really trying to. I feel that now I’m less in the backseat, but sometime I’m still in the back seat. Any ideas/drills on how to improve that?
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
abc wrote:
beny992 wrote:

Since, or just prior to when that most recent video was made and the input of this thread was being incorporated into the OP's skiing?

The point I'm (poorly) attempting to make, is the implementation of any concepts/suggestions made on this thread, should really be overseen by a professional, as skiing can't really be effectively taught remotely, by "Randoms" on a forum.....They can however (imo), give feedback, food for thought, help with understanding and give ideas to discuss with an Instructor.

Today I wasn’t with an instructor. Tomorrow is my last day of skiing. Will be skiing in March for one week again.
I really appreciate your opinions and I really feel that it helps me. Your ideas and drills/tips really helpful. I did discuss with your suggestions with my instructor and I’m trying to apply the new concepts and make improvements.

Another thing - my quads are really sore, (and sometimes my knees as well, but the instructor told me that is because when I’m on the edges the angle isn’t the same in both skis and one knee collapsing inside) when skiing fast/very steep terrain, I guess this is because I’m in the backseat, any ideas on how to improve that?
Thanks!
ski holidays
@beny992, Stand straight up, then only bend your ankles. Feel the pressure of your shins on the front of your boot. Then raise your arms up and feel the pressure on the front of your skis. And/or keep your heels back.

Ski on gentle greens like that. Really get forward with the hips n practice til you feel the forward ski edges dig as you turn. Play with it.

Watch the Schiffrin drills vid I posted above. See her posture, boots, knees, hips, everything. It's all you (or any intermediates) need.

Hmmm, posture is hard to write about. But when you get it right, your control goes to another level. You'll feel it. Ask your instructor about it.

I've been where you are and I really had to push myself to improve. Now... I'm the best skier on this forum Cool

(kerching)
ski holidays
beny992 wrote:

Today I wasn’t with an instructor. Tomorrow is my last day of skiing. Will be skiing in March for one week again.
I really appreciate your opinions and I really feel that it helps me. Your ideas and drills/tips really helpful. I did discuss with your suggestions with my instructor and I’m trying to apply the new concepts and make improvements.

Another thing - my quads are really sore, (and sometimes my knees as well, but the instructor told me that is because when I’m on the edges the angle isn’t the same in both skis and one knee collapsing inside) when skiing fast/very steep terrain, I guess this is because I’m in the backseat, any ideas on how to improve that?
Thanks!

1. The best person to assess your skiing (as seen in your last video), is the Instructor.

2. Did he agree with the ideas you were discussing with him? - As the very last thing I want to do, is confuse, mislead or introduce concepts that are inappropriate for your stage in skiing.

3. Is your Instructor happy with your progress?

4. Re Quads: Again, your Instructor is in the best position to give feedback. The other things that can make the quads burn, are (a) Being in the backseat (b) Lack of fitness (c) Being overly tense and fighting the mountain.

5. One knee collapsing inside sounds like an A Frame problem (if it happens on both sides). This could be down to the "way you are built" and needs corrected with alignment. Mrs. F had this problem for 25 years until an Instructor sent her to have her alignment checked. After correction, she can now change both edges at the same time and by the same amount.

You could try, as you are turning, to reach down and gently push your inside knee out. The idea is that you imagine you are holding a small beach ball between your knees as you are skiing.

Another thing to try, is lift the tail of the d/hill ski prior to turning and initiate the turn by tipping the unweighted ski into the turn. The turning ski (ie. the u/hill one with the weight on it) will follow it into the turn. This is one possible way to help prevent an A Frame.

http://youtube.com/v/3gWWb4sXCQw
ski holidays
@Old Fartbag,
Thanks for the help. I have an frame. Just uploaded a video so you could see that, and I think that’s why my knee is so hurt.

http://youtube.com/v/NPZucHoOnj4

@AL9000, I’ve tried that, I feel more in control, I just have to stick with that every time because sometimes I feel that my weight isn’t forward and my quads are sore, especially when high speed/steep slopes, how can I improve that when I’m in a high speed/steeper slopes?

BTW, today was my last day of skiing, only in March I’ll be skiing again and I’ll have a new instructor. Still doesn’t know where, but I’ll ask for a recommendation on a good instructor.
Thanks!
snow report
@beny992, "If" you are doing the "Stacked Drill", as seen on the Darren Turner Video - Your arms are the wrong way round.....The arm that is raised, should be the one to the outside of the turn (as it tracks round with the outside ski). The hand on the thigh, should be on the inside (unweighted) ski.

By doing the drill the other way round, it keeps your shoulders facing d/hill more and probably exacerbates your A-Frame a little, as in your case, the hand is on the outside of the knee....but there are worse things you could be doing. Despite that, those turns did look better, as you were allowing the skis time to turn - which is more effortless, due to letting the skis do their thing, without forcing them sideways.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 26-01-20 21:01; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy