Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FIRST AID - Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
JT, the ABC is the way it's taught to professionals.

john wells, sorry if my last question was a bit blunt, I was just trying to get an idea of where you were coming from.

BernardC, I'm a GP now, I can't remember the last time that I ressusitated someone. Part of the problem is that unless you're doing it fairly regularly then I'm not sure how effective the training is. One thing that the training for professionals does do though is to try and simulate the stress of the real situation, but IMO it doesn't even come close.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer wrote:
Even amateurs who've made a hobby out of practicing first aid techniques (St John's ambulance) are pretty useless in dealing with a major casualty (again IMO)

I want to disagree with this - but maybe you're right.

Have you come across the 'panic myth' - it's an idea gaining quite a lot of support recently that the public reacts better than professional expect in disaster situations. Of course, that's not the same thing as doing something useful when faced with a severed leg...

http://www.jhsph.edu/publichealthnews/press_releases/PR_2001/panic_myth.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BernardC wrote:
I need to expand and bring my First Aid skills up to date.

Bernard - If you want to source a first aid course here in Ireland I would recommend the REC courses (Remote emergency Care) Admittedly they don't specifically deal with skiing but and are geared to kayaking (hence my interest) and mountaineering and other remote sports - REC courses are very practical and hands on and deal with the reality that you are in a remote area and professional help is not within an hour of where you are. I'll dig up some info for you if you want
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy