Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blind British skier aims to set new world speed skiing record

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kevin Alderton, though not on the Flying KKevin Alderton, also known as ‘Cannonball’ is hoping to set a new world record this weekend - in blind speed skiing. The attempt will hopefully take place on the Flying K in Les Arcs, having been postponed once due to a high avalanche risk in the area... Kevin was a competitive skier before being blinded by thugs in London 8 years ago. He is also raising money with his attempt for the charity, St Dunstan’s, which helped him get back into the sport.

http://www.cambs-times.co.uk/content/cambstimes/sport/story.aspx?brand=CATOnline&category=SportGeneric&tBrand=cambs24&tCategory=SportCAT&itemid=WEED13%20Apr%202006%2015%3A26%3A32%3A730

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=355216
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RESPECT! - I have eyed up that 'Flying K' all season with some trepidation - (76 degree start section) as locally I have been given the opportunity for one run on it. I am currently deciding whether or not my life will be enhanced if I do it.

Kevin Alderton good on you! - I hope you achieve 120mph and if you are delayed until Monday, I will come and cheer you on in person! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He did set a new record (a fraction over 100mph). Saw a bit of action on the KL this morning; it's mighty impressive/scary!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Back in 1987 Graham Wilkie of GB set the world speed skiing record [for the regular-sighted] at 132 mph, also in Les Arcs.

So ... this is the second world record in this event for a Brit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kevin, ski well, have fun, be safe. The goal is to enjoy your sport, it the record comes, it comes. Alex Lowe was once asked who the best climber in the world was, his response was, "the one who is having the most fun." Great answer. So, be the best skier in the world this weekend. The dadster.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy