Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Guide or Tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Mate let me down and I have decided to head off to Chamonix for a week 25/1. Thinking of doing 3-5days off piste guiding and it looks as though I have a couple of established choices in ESF 3 day course freeride or Mont Blanc discovery for about 267 Euro from the 29th onwards, snow is forecast! Or thinking of doing a SCGB Off piste 2 for the five days for 625GBP

Any experiences or recommendations? Seems a bit of a lottery with the independent guides.

Alan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If Ali Culshaw/ Off Piste Performance have any spaces left on their courses that could be a great option. She and her instructor colleagues are fantastic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowscot, might be worth seeing if BASS or EVO2 have similar alternatives.

I don’t think the compagnies des guides do groups like that ... (but I don’t know for sure).

Does the SCHB offer anything in Cham?

Who’s “forecasting” weather round the 29th... bit far away for a forecast ... be welcome if it did happen...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Who’s “forecasting” weather round the 29th... bit far away for a forecast ... be welcome if it did happen...

The apps (and Meteo France, tbf) are extrapolating the squiggles - In Tignes, but not that far away fro Cham - as sun and snow 28th to 31st..........so a bit of bet hedging there Very Happy

I should say that Meteo F only has that as confidence 3/5.

The guys on the Weather thread on here think there "might" be something in it (and as I am Tignes next week, that would be nice) but I agree its still far too early and the systems far too benign and settled to predict much change.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GreenDay, exactly, not quite a “forecast” ... I don’t think I’d be basing any decisions on it quite yet ...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Managed a full five days with 3days with Matthieu Desprat and 2days with countryman Jim Kerr.

Highly recommend!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowscot wrote:
Managed a full five days with 3days with Matthieu Desprat and 2days with countryman Jim Kerr.

Highly recommend!!

Interested to know where they took you and an idea of costs?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good to know. I'm looking for someone to guide at short notice. Off piste and vallee blanche.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jim Kerr the singer?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://andypmountainguide.com/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy