Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts recommendation for intermediate skier

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I just returned from Lesarcs/la Plagne and i enjoyed that resort very much (most runs were blue, and reds were quite nice too). I would like to go again somewhere in March, and I am considering Austria/Italy. I would like to get an indication which resorts will still have good conditions in mid-March and will have good runs for intermediate (progressing to advanced) skier.

Could you recommend and comment on the below:

- Madonna di Campiglio
- Cervinia
- Nioederau

Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sauze d'Oulx - another recommendation I just got
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Thuile and linked to La Rosiere in France for a bit of variety
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, thank you.

Any comments on the ones I mentioned? Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saalbach in Austria is intermediate paradise. Big large interconnected resort that allows you to ski lots of different terrain.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go to Cervinia. Lots of long wide open runs, some more challenging bits here and there, plus if you decide you've done all it can offer then you can ski over the border to Zermatt (which is awesome but twice as expensive as Cervinia!).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were very impressed with Madonna di Campiglio when we visited early April last year. Plus points:

- variety of skiing
- great mountain huts
- very friendly locals

You can't go wrong with any of the other places people have mentioned above, but Niederau might be a bit limited for you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from Saalbach again and you wouldn't go wrong with that. Madonna is pretty good as well and both have some fairly friendly steeper red and black options for progressing as well as many miles of cruising.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm an intermediate, wife is much, much better. We've been to MdC twice in early/mid March and all was good, we like the resort and ski area. We are going back on 1st Feb (can't wait) so obviously like it Very Happy . In March snow was often a bit soft at lower and village levels but we've always been able to ski from top of Groste to bottom of Spinale as our last run of the day (it became a tradition). The first year had been a bad one for snow so one small run was closed, everything else was open. Second year everything was open.

We've also been to La Plagne a couple of times so can give a comparison which may help. Unlike LP, in MdC runs are all groomed and I'd say some of the groomed reds in LP would be blacks in MdC (I remember Kamikaze feeling a bit steep !). In MdC pistes are generally pretty wide and there is more tree level skiing than LP. In La Plagne I only did blacks as part of lessons with an instructor as I wasn't confident enough to give one a go without one. In MdC I'll do some blacks. MdC town is lovely, a proper small town with a nice feel rather than a ski village joined together by 'tunnels' like LP centre. No significant off piste in MdC. In MdC you can head out to Pinzolo in one direction and Marilleva / Folgarida in the other, either get a hotel near a lift or one with a shuttle bus, the latter gives you more flexibility as there are 5 places to get different lifts from the town to different slopes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Anton.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you guys for all your replies, I will decide between Madonna and Cervinia
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
id second sauzy... it's under rated, good access to sestriere and easy offpiste for stronger inters, and 'easy' blue runs. id have to say that st anton may not be ideal for cautious inters, some of the blues are distinctly red, and some of the reds distinctky black. if you are gung ho, then fine, but it's not a forgiving resort. sauzy is also quite cheap... but the lifts are more like the Rendl side in St Anton....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bober02, Sella Ronda resorts. Corvara, Selva, Arabba etc. That's interimidiot heaven.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Surely the default Snowheads answer is one of the villages in Alta Badia???? Or Selva if you want some après and can handle reds easily.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@red 27, snap!
snow conditions
We loved Saalbach. So much variety of slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy