Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach off the beaten track

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First time visitors to Saalbach w/c Saturday 25 Jan. any recommendations for quieter off the beaten track runs and huts - thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@timmythedog, If it’s open, piste 168 and the Hecherhuette.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a mill- we’ll check it out!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Piste 34 from the Seekar T-bar if open. One of my favourites, but a wee bit hard to find and involves some pole work on the approach to the lift and exit to the next lift back out of the little dip that it sits in, if you haven't carried enough speed.

Also 85 next to the Sunliner chairlift in Hinterglemm. Most people turn left off the lift or continue straight towards Saalbach, but the run off to the right which just takes you back to the bottom of the chairlift, is a quiet, rolling, quite narrow red. It also takes you to the Sonnalm, one of the smaller huts, which has a good selection of deckchairs, a fire pit and a small separate outside bar.

Similarly, 161 next to the Schoenleiten chairlift is often ignored because most folk are transiting towards Leogang. It has a huge natural kicker part way down, which is great if you are ready for it, and can scare the wits out of you if you aren't.

In Fieberbrunn the Teehuette takes a bit of finding, just off run 121b. It's not marked on the online piste map so I'm wondering if the owners have finally thrown in the towel on the winter trade. It's very rustic and basic, in the style of many summer pop up alms that serve drinks and basic food, but it's good fun.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 20-01-20 13:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@honved, when I last passed the Teehuette (on the gondola) two or three weeks ago, I couldn’t see any signs of life or skis outside. It’s a shame if it’s gone the same way as the Grabenhuette. Both suffered from being off the beaten track, and the Teehuette was also in a shady location.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tatmanstours wrote:
@honved, when I last passed the Teehuette (on the gondola) two or three weeks ago, I couldn’t see any signs of life or skis outside. It’s a shame if it’s gone the same way as the Grabenhuette. Both suffered from being off the beaten track, and the Teehuette was also in a shady location.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's closed - it was a bit of an acquired taste given its basic interior and the whiff of cows Shocked from time to time. However it was much more authentic than most other Fieberbrunn refreshment stops.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@honved, I think I only went there twice, for the novelty. I usually go to the Wildalpgatterl or the Hochhoerndlhuette. A couple of weeks ago the latter was too busy, so I skied on down to the Pulvermachershirm, at the bottom of the TirolS gondola - first time I’d tried it and I was very favourably impressed.
Sometimes I wonder how the Hecherhuette keeps going - piste 168 is still closed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. In work here in Dublin and really can’t wait - first visit to Saalbach!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy