Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val di Fassa lift pass or DSS full area?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Looking at a package deal near Canazei. Gives options of "Area" (I assume VdF) or "Full Area" passes. Fair cost difference.
What will I miss out on if I go for the Area one only? (Or save on if the weather's bad?)
First trip to the Dollies in winter, so suspect that we will have enough to amuse ourselves happily on the cheaper pass, but...???
Not a huge mileage eaters, happy to spend day + in a smaller resort or hopping back and fro between adjacant vallies, and more likely to go further afield by ski bus than skiing/boarding it around. Not intending to do the entire Sella Ronda or anything like that, though Marmolada does appeal.
Likely to want to be on piste only, reds, blues, easy blacks.
Can you upgrade just for a day, say, if there's one particular place where you want to go which the cheaper pass doesn't cover?
Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a halfway house, I'd recommend the Valle Silver pass if you have a car.

It just covers the three regions of Val Di Fassa, Val di Fiemme, and San Martino di Castrozza - which is still about 10 different ski areas. More expensive than the local pass but cheaper than the full area one. There are some buses but it depends where you are based.

Edit: just realised you probably won't have a car. In that case I would probably go for the full area pass, unless you are either seriously budgeting or really not bothered about repeating runs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grizzler, no brainer, get full Dolomiti Ski pass. You’d miss out on the skiing, scenery, lunch restaurant experience of a lifetime.

I think you may be able to upgrade for a day. But honestly, I’ve just completed my third week in recent years and still find new places. I’m returning for more in 2 weeks.

Enjoy.
snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grizzler, if you're staying in Canazei without wheels, get the full Dolomiti Superski pass or else you will soon run out of terrain, unless you want to go on long bus rides down the valley. You might not want to do the Sella Ronda, but you can dip down to Plan de Gralba & Selva or over to Arabba and the Marmolada with the full pass.

Don't forget about the area above Alba over to Buffaure/Pozza too, you need a short bus up to Alba-Ciampac cablecar from Canazei.

You have 4 access points at the head of Val di Fassa, the Belvedere gondola at Canazei & the Col Rodella cable car at Campitello. The Ciampac cablecar and the Col dei Rossi funifor are both at Alba. All are linked by a short bus ride, so choose which would afford best access to your planned route.

At the end of the day you can use them to return to base. You have to download at all except at Alba Ciampac which has a black run down. There is also a red down into Canazei village, but it ends around 600m from the gondola station.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
luigi wrote:
@Grizzler, if you're staying in Canazei without wheels, get the full Dolomiti Superski pass or else you will soon run out of terrain, unless you want to go on long bus rides down the valley. You might not want to do the Sella Ronda, but you can dip down to Plan de Gralba & Selva or over to Arabba and the Marmolada with the full pass.

what they said, we stayed in Canazei last year and went for the full pass, we were glad we did. The areas are well signposted but it gives a great sense of freedom not having to worry about taking a wrong turn and finding yourself in a valley where your pass doesn't work ! Also, we were surprised about just how far we could travel in a day and it was great to say "that area/piste looks nice let's go there".

re costs I just looked online and for 6 days in high season it's Eur 40 extra for the full area vs val di fassa (Eur 273 vs Eur 313). If the TO is charging more just buy in resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grizzler, I doubt you will be able to do the 'Marmolada' on the Val di Fassa pass - it only includes the Fedaia - Pian Fiacconi lift which doesn't always operate in the winter

==== edit ===

I believe it closed for the last time in September

http://youtube.com/v/SlGzeD8Qo8o
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albob wrote:
@Grizzler, I doubt you will be able to do the 'Marmolada' on the Val di Fassa pass - it only includes the Fedaia - Pian Fiacconi lift which doesn't always operate in the winter

==== edit ===

I believe it closed for the last time in September

That bucket lift used to be summer only.

The main 3-stage cablecar from Malga Ciapela up to the Marmolada is in the Arabba area, so the Val di Fassa pass isn't valid, you would need the Dolomiti Superski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Went for the full pass: so let's hope that it gets fully used snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Grizzler, I very much doubt you’ll regret it. From Canazei you can comfortably get to a couple of VG quieter areas, St Cristiana and Alpe Di Suisi.

Intermediates can comfortably tour the whole circuit, both clockwise (Orange Route) and ani-clockwise (Green Route).

Although there’s an overall piste map covering the whole of the Sella Ronda and adjacent ‘offshoots’, it’s not that clear IMO. So it’s worth picking up the local piste map as you move from one sector to another, eg Val Di Fassa, Alta Badia.

Also the viewing platform at the top of Marmolada has amazing views.
snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Grizzler wrote:
Thanks all. Went for the full pass: so let's hope that it gets fully used snowHead

Full pass is definitely the best option in Canazei, as the local areas of Belvedere & Col Rodella aren't huge, you will soon want to stray into Val Gardena & Arabba territory, esp if weather is fine.

There is no provision to do upgrades on a daily basis.

Some areas in Dolomites, like Civetta, let you buy a combination pass with 3 days local plus 3 days Dolomiti, but that's not an option in Val di Fassa. There is the Valle Silver pass which covers more ski areas to the South, but that is best suited to those staying further down the valley around Moena or Predazzo.

Enjoy!! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy