Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recent epilepsy diagnsis and skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI

My 9 year old son has recently been diagnosed with epilepsy, which thankfully is being controlled with medicine. I am reaching out to see if anyone else has been in this situation and how they manage it?

I really want to go ahead with our ski holiday planned in April, but am worried about my son being on ski lifts during his ski school and if a seizure were to happen.

what has anyone else done in this situation?

Ultimately we have the option to cancel, but i'd love to hear from others before I make that decision

thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a period as an adult when I was diagnosed with epilepsy so though I did not ski at the time I understand the wide spectrum that it can cover. Mine was mild, but still was DVLA restricted. So no driving, and I would not have gone skiing early on.

I'm afraid that when it comes to something so potentially risky the correct answer is one only your consultant neurologist can give you.

There may well be people on here with experience in a ski situation, but ultimately trust the expert. It's such a difficult condition and every case is different.

Sorry I can't add more than a perspective.

Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our neurologist has said we should go skiing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Then there you are. Magic. Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Provided he's normally well controlled, and you make his ski instructor aware - and ensure he or she has your phone number - I see no problem. I skied for many years with an insulin dependent diabetic, sometimes in different ski groups. Adult, but still a liability if he went into a hypo. If we were not in the same group I made sure there was somebody aware of the signs - it's obviously harder with a child, especially newly diagnosed, but be guided by your doctor. And tell your insurance company! And have fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy