Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Closest place to Geneva with snow shoe trails and snow??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm off for a few days in the Jura next week, and there is a lack of snow!

Geneva is only 50km away from the accomadation..

Can anyone give some clues where I might find some snow and importantly show shoe trails! This is a trip on fatbikes, not ski's, so need the shoe trails to ride on!

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ciderinsport, 1. meteofrance forecasting 20-30 cms. 2. I presume fatbikes don't need the same continuity of snow as e.g. skis? So shouldn't anyway be an issue?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name,Thanks for the info! We are staying in Les Rousses, vitually nothing there.. It's low so not hoilding my breath! And the bikes can ride on any terrain, but having driven all that way for snow, it would be good to find some! It's our 4th year of doing this trip, the last 3 years have seen plenty of the white stuff!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ciderinsport, don't the snow shoers object?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, Funny enough, no! Cycling is allowed on the shoe trails, it's just not advertised. We are a polite bunch who stop and get out the way / pass wide etc so we don't upset anyone Very Happy

On the GTJ (Grand tour du Jura) walkers, cross country skiers, dog sledgers and cyclists share the same trails!! Each seems to just respect all are welcome and get on with it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We go to Les Rousses each year for xc skiing. There are various different routes for the GTJ depending on mode of transport. Much of the xc skiing trail is reserved for skiers only. No dog sleds, walkers or cyclists. However polite you think you are you should not be on the skiing trails. Not sure what the rules are for the walking routes. The local piste maps have xc ski trails on one side and "raquettes, multi activites et chiens de traineaux" on the other. The raquettes GTJ is distinct from the ski trails.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is certainly some cross country skiing open in the Jura so can't you find some snow > 1000 meters?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy