Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon 1100 FIRST time FIRST family holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

we are off to Morillon 1100 for our first FAMILY skiing holiday in first week of February(can not wait).
We will be driving and staying in self catering apartment at 1100, and here comes a few questions:

- am I right there is only one ski school for 7 years old daughter ?

- to hire equipment there is choice of Sport 2000 and Intersport ? Which one would you recommend for getting TOP stuff for advanced skier daddy, and beginner resp intermediate rest of the family?

- do I need buy ski passes online before?

- is it worth for myself to get full GM pass or is it too much time consuming to explore full resort..it is FAMILY holiday ...

Any other ideas, recommendations, advice would be appreciated.

thanks a lot for any help

m.

P.S. sorry for my English, it is not my first language...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi
We had a place in 1100 and loved it.
It's only really small and accessible. We always bought passes from the office on arrival. Very easy.
I've never used the ski school but the nursery slopes went right by our apartment and seemed well used.
Our friends have visited both ski hire shops without any issues but we have our our own gear.
Again we always bought the GM area pass but maybe if your daughter is having lessons and you have to get back m
Have a fab time. Etoile de Neige is a lovely little restaurant. Very friendly Le Beu just slightly up the slope is great for hot choc and evening meals.
We must go back.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MontyMM, Welcome to Snowheads . don't worry about your English -- it is better than some Native English speakers on here .. Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have skied in the Grand Massif but not stayed in Morillon itself. I would book your daughter into ESF lessons and get the whole area pass for yourself. I don't know about ski hire in Morillon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same comments as @snowymum. I'd add Igloo and Chalet L'Clair as great places to eat/stop while out skiing. You can book Igloo in the summer not sure about the winter. Some lovely slopes in Morillon, but you will want to go further and with some planning should be able to make it to Flaine. Ask the instructor what pass for your daughter, if she progresses well they might well want to take them to Flaine during their lessons. Mine used to get to Flaine in their lessons from Les Carroz. Have great time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
May I just say lucky you.
I thought Morillon looked lovely when we stayed in Flaine and I added it to the bucket list of resorts I wanted to stay at.
Get Grand Massif passes as the whole region is accessible and there is skiing for everyone in Les Carroz, Samoens and Flaine.
Can I recommend the lovely long green through the trees to Morillon: Marvel. Would have loved that when my girls were learning. Wishing you a great time
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks a lot guys for all of your answers.

m.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed in Morillon 1100 a few years back and it was great!

We used Sport 2000 who were very good. We had no problems with the equipment. Intersport and Skiset looked good as well though.

We used ESF for my three year old son and they were fantastic with him. My bothers family also used ESF and they were very happy too. I believe there were other skis schools too but I can’t be sure.

It is a bit time consuming getting over to Flaine so if you need to get back for ski school pick up, you wont have much time there (unless the lifts have changed since I went of course). We bought local passes for the family but I had a GM pass so that I could stretch my legs and go further when skiing without the family.

Take grippy shoes for when you want to walk about in resort, the whole resort is generally on a slope.

If planning permits, book a table for lunch if you’re using the restaurants, they get really busy.

An evening meal at Restaurant L’Beu is well worth the walk uphill!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 19-01-20 21:52; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if your daughter is a complete beginner, it's highly unlikely the ski school will take her to Flaine, even by the end of the week.

Also, Morillion has it's own beginners area pass which is 14.80 euros per day. This may suffice for the first few days, so just be careful when deciding which pass you get for your daughter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy