Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eating recommendations Setriere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Does anyone have any recommendations with regard Town Restaurants for evening meals, bit of apres, and mountain restaurants for lunch in Sestriere.

Also which is the best supermarket, apparently there are 3 to choose from.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We found the apres in sestriere a little lacking, there's a bar in the square which IIRC is called pinkys where we went most days after skiing.

That said we were a few miles out of the centre so didn't venture back much, and my wife broke her wrist on the ice rink halfway through so I spent the rest of the two weeks back and forth to Turin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We just went for a weekend last March and were struggling to find anywhere that looked special for dinner on Saturday. Then we stumbled upon Ristorante Don Chisciotte. It's in the most unlikely place, a small shopping arcade. But the food (mostly seafood from memory) and service were excellent. We got there as they opened and were lucky to get a table, it's quite small, it was mostly reservations. Not cheap but very good for the money. The previous night we arrived late and ate in the hotel, Shackleton Mountain Resort, ok but not special.

We had a nice lunch on the mountain at Da Casse on the Sunday, good reasonably priced food and a decent view (photo below). We had lunch on the mountain in Sauze D'Oulx on the Saturday. Rifugio Clot Bourget, cheap as chips and good, huge portions. Bit out of the way though.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@homers double, Thanks for the info, we have found good reviews of Pinkys so guess that will be where we end up. We are not after full on Apres just somewhere with some atmosphere.

@Claude B, Useful info thanks Claude, I will see if I can find that restaurant. The mountain stuff is very useful but I suspect we won't get to Sauze as we have a 14 year old beginner with us in ski school till one so with her limited ability we will stick to Sestrierre
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy