Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for two to make up a foursome :) 13-22 March

Poster: A snowHead
Good Afternoon all. Not as risque as it may sound I'm afraid! Here's the bones of the story. I'm a self taught (i.e. messy but reasonably confident) skier, happy on reds, done some blacks, and ski from lift open to lift closed. Early 60's male. Sad to say, I am the only skier in the family, so looking to put together something to get onto the mountain reasonably economically. Can't be doing with all that airplane stuff and always have driven down. Elderly Discovery 3 on snow tyres, so comfortable, room for baggage and capable in the snow. From Feb 2nd on to April 12th I am completely flexible on dates and want to fit in 7 days skiing at some point in that period. Last year's drive cost around £500,(fuel, ferry etc) and went via non-peage routes from home (Herts) to Les Coches. Overnighted each way so not rushing, and was on the slopes for 10a.m. Saturday until late lunch the following Sat.
So, where is this all going I hear you ask........
Simples. Option 1: Looking for like minded folk, pref skiers as against boarders (No offense, and not ruling boarders right out!) who would be interested in making up a group (total 4 pax ideal, 5 can be done) splitting the costs and sharing accomodation. Couple of criteria : Non smokers, and at least one prepared to share the driving. All other factors are open to discussion Laughing

Option 2: Last year, the Mrs accompanied me & we had a fully catered swanky chalet on a good deal (Thankyou, all at Fire&Ice, you were tremendous) She hot-tubbed and lazed the week away whilst I skiied. If there is a couple out there who would be up for similar, that would be very acceptable.

No set-in-stone destinations, accomodations or routes. We are within 5 minutes of Luton airport if anyone wished to fly down here from oop North - I can collect you and drop you back at the a/port. Plenty of parking at mine for a vehicle to be left for a week.

OK. Over to the Snowheads Massif! Who's out there?? Who's interested??

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-01-20 15:42; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there. May be interested if something cost effective can be worked out. Just last week concluded that skiing wouldn't be happening this yr for a variety of boring reasons but could still be tempted. 54yr old competent and v easy going skier. I have an apt in Orelle (3valleys access) which may have some availability in the periods outside French hols. So could offer some almost free accomodation (not guaranteed tho). Sleeps 3/4 comfortably. Used to driving down and possess a French autoroute tag although usually avoid tolls. Self employed and semi retired so totally flexible on dates as well with some exceptions (especially French hols
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi. Definitely interested. Only problem is I have to book locums to cover my work, so only off second week of Feb and second week march. I am on a tight budget because my wife is currently booking a summer holiday and holds complete power over the finances. I am a 49 year old experienced skier and would be willing to sleep in a tent if I could ski somewhere other than Scotland (Glenshee is just up the road). Keep me in mind. I can fly to Luton or drive down with enough notice. Thanks
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@wetheral1, @springskier, Sounds good, gents..... I'm guessing that 2nd week of Feb would be difficult accomodation-wise @springskier, unless @wetheral1[, comes up with that as a vacant week for the apt? Certainly I am good for either date, as said. If I can figure out the intricacies of sending private info, I'll drop you both my direct email for further discussions, save blocking up the thread!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Perdrix. Admin told me 2nd week of Feb is very expensive, so happy to miss that week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Perdrix, so so so many options for double entendres in the first few sentences. You will definitely fit in here Happy

I won't post until the wine wears off Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"GlasgowCyclops"

I won't post until the wine wears off Happy[/quote]

I usually find the most amusing answers are made before the wine wears off!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Perdrix, Hi there....all gone a bit quiet on Snowheads. Some news....I can have my apt in Orelle (3Vs) for 14th to 21st January. If ur still interested, message me back asap and perhaps we can arrange a phone conversation
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Right Folks, things are firming up a bit. We now have dates and accomodation courtesy of @wetheral1. Appt suitable for 4 in Orelle, access to 3v skiing as well as other nice (& cheaper) local areas. Now looking for 2 more folk to share the costs, which so far look to be under £300 each (assuming 4 person) for journey & accomodation. Lift pass/ski hire on top, room in vehicle if you have your own kit. Food additional, but am looking to take supplies with us as far as possible.
If you are interested, get in touch! If you just want a bit more detail, read option1 in my first post above!! Wetheral is very familiar with the area, and we are both looking for an enjoyable week of leisurely skiing with amenable companions!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sent a pm
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Brooksy69, Not arrived here.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seem's like I am not getting pm's from here and pm's I send are not working properly either..... if you are sending me one, note it on the open forum too please so I know I didn't get it!! rolling eyes Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi. Hope you got my reply about having to travel to New Zealand instead of skiing. I hope you have a great trip soon.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@springskier, Indded I did, many thanks. Hope NZ works out for you.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@perdrix Is the date for this in March(post says Jan but guess this is a typo)
I’m 47, ambulance crew(so happy to drive) and have leave booked in March but no one to go with
snow conditions
Hi @jezb, current thinking is fri 13th departure, stop of near troyes, slopes Sat lunch. back in uk the following Sunday, either a big burn Sat eve or an o/night somewhere. We are currently 3 strong. Not averse to a 4th, if agreeable to the other 2, @wetheral1 is the provider of the appt, so he has the casting vote. Very Happy
snow report
Perdrix wrote:
Hi @jezb, current thinking is fri 13th departure, stop of near troyes, slopes Sat lunch. back in uk the following Sunday, either a big burn Sat eve or an o/night somewhere. We are currently 3 strong. Not averse to a 4th, if agreeable to the other 2, @wetheral1 is the provider of the appt, so he has the casting vote. Very Happy

Thanks..I have the next week off so will not be able to come. Have a great trip
snow conditions
Ok, no probs. Catch you another time maybe.
snow report
@Perdrix, I've just messaged wetheral1 before noticing this thread. Definitely interested and would be happy to do my share of the driving. Am also a skier and similar age range to you guys.
snow conditions
@Schnorrr, That's fine, we are running a whatsap group between the three of us currently confirmed (wetheral1, Tri1 and me), so doesn't matter which of us you contact on here, we'll all get the news!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy