Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les arcs 1950 - non skier?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there anything nice to do in Les arcs in general, if someone is not skiing? hiking/entertainment?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is the Deep Nature spa in Arc 1950 and another lovely spa at the Taj I Mah hotel in 2000. You can get all around the Les Arcs ski area with a pedestrian pass on some of the lifts...eg. you can use Transarc and Arcubelle and there are some walking paths. There is the rodeo sledge ride from the top of the Arcubelle lift. Have a drink in the igloo ice bar afterwards. You could also get down to Bourg St Maurice from Arc 1600 on the funicular..although if staying in 1950 it would take you a while to get up and down and around to 1600 for the funicular. There is bowling and an ice rink in 2000.

NB. I am a skier but these I things I know of.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bober02, I assume you have already seen https://www.arc1950.com/en/non-ski-activities-pools-skidoo-snowshoeing.html

Les Arcs is a bit short of other activities in winter compared to the other Tarrentaise resorts. Tignes has an indoor climbing wall as well as scuba diving under the ice, La Plagne has the bob sleigh track and at Champagny an ice climbing tower. However there is a proper swimming pool in Bourg st Maurice if the non skier wants a swim.

Arc Adventures in Arc1800 organise snowshoeing expeditions that get away from the ski area. The bureau des guides also offer a number of alternative activities. This one looks interesting http://www.guidesdesarcs.com/en/activities/winter/ice-climbing. I fancy having a go myself
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bober02, There used to be Dog Sledding too but I think that's gone now. Bottom line is if your non-skiing chum isn't into skiing, then they are probably not going to have great time in Les Arcs unless they love the other winter activities. I'd go somewhere else that is valley based and has good transport links to non-winter sports stuff.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy