Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Lift for Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, doesn;t look like it;s been mentioned yet so here it si for those who haven't heard

as couple of seasons ago, whistler expqnded it's ski area to include the previously out-of-bounds but still quite widely used Flute Bowl - however that's all it did, it still means a hike to get in and another hike to get out. Having tried it though, gosh it was worth it. Very Happy

It would appear though that Intrawest have microphones in the trees, as someone must have listened to our suggestion - we commented that it would be awful if they built a lift to the top of Flute as that would make it just one more bowl (as opposed to something special that you earned and was usually in good condition thanks to low user numbers), but a lift out would make things more enjoyable

and lo and behold....

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/piccolo/index.htm

A new lift from the bottom of Flute bowl back to the top of Piccolo - which will mean it wil stil be a hike to the top of Flute, but you'll be abe to getthe lift back up then ride out on Burnt Stew Trail
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn!! I was planning to run a snowmobile tow from the bottom, $5 a tow - well that's that idea out the window, Also blows my plan for a bar at the end of the hike out too rolling eyes snowHead
I too don't mind the walk up to the top of flute with the prospect of awesome skiing down (untracked decents days after the snow - north-ish facing so stays good for ages), but the trudge out to burnt stew trail though much shorter has nothing to look forward to except reaching harmony chair for a rest.
Guess it'll also save some hiking on the way up as you can just ski down to boundary bowl and the start of the flute hike (you could do this previously by skiing out of bounds round the back of piccolo - a bit dodgy though!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mixed opion on the lift, but the hike out of flute is getting a bit tiresome after 4 months.

1st DOA run today, which really is the definition of "earning your turns".

More Husume and coronet bowl this weeks before having to say goodbye to blackcomb next weekend. Whistler open until June 6th though
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy